Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Followed me home... Pro-Shot ACP trigger

Post by janesy »

** read thread for shooting reviews**

From EastHill Outdoors!

Great guys, always on their game.

Last edited by janesy on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Re: Followed me home...

Post by Bcxbow »

Mine is on order. :thumbup: :D
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

Nice Chris!
Cant wait to see what it looks like full grown!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Hope you can give us a Review. I’m interested in hearing how it compares to the traditional Excalibur trigger—which I consider only slightly better than mediocre.
janesy

Post by janesy »

newbie wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm
Nice Chris!
Cant wait to see what it looks like full grown!
I put it in water over night :wink:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
otisbrazwell

Re: Followed me home... Pro-Shot ACP trigger

Post by otisbrazwell »

:eusa-popcorn:
janesy

Post by janesy »

many of you have probably read over the past year that I have been searching for a solution to a bow that loves it's servings for snack time. Now the bow in question is a custom micro using a gen 1 riser and approx suppressor length rail. It's asking a lot for the serving to hang on. I bought this trigger to see if it was better than a trigger tech or not. So this is more of a back to back trigger tech comparison, but loosely at that. This trigger is so far past the stock trigger in every aspect, that it's nearly pointless to discuss comparing the two.

I'll start from the top. This trigger comes with everything you need to install it. New scope mount hardware, and three hex head wrenches for the stock, the trigger and the ADF and adjustment hardware. This was a nice touch

Fit and finish is fine, however a slight nod is going to go to trigger tech for cleaner machining. Non issue for me.

Installation is dead simple, remove stock, remove scope, remove trigger... install in reverse. Very clear step by step instructions included. The BD model such as mine requires you to undo the rearmost linkage screw and re install into the new linkage. Very simple, but does recommend lock tite RED. Although oddly enough, it did not have any on to begin with. If yours is not a bulldog, the trigger lever is there and ready to go. One thing to remember, the top of this trigger unit is NOT DRILLED for hold down springs that mount to the trigger unit. So if you are retrofitting into an older bow, buy the ADF at the same time. Or be prepared to drill and tap a hole into the non-ADF scope mount.

The trigger itself is adjustable between single and 2 stage by removing or installing a single screw. I choose 2 stage .

The most interesting piece I'm going to mention is the location of the linkage after installing the new trigger. If you'll see below, the new linkage connection point is closer to the focal point, and slightly forward. Both of which will reduce the length of travel required in the linkage geometry. Some serious though went into this trigger.
The end result is a trigger that has extremely even pull right through the first stage and up to the break.

As far as shooting goes, I have only shot 4 shots(but the TT is not going back in). I have a 2 stage TT in another micro and will shoot them side by side tomorrow and continue on from there. One note, I did shoot a 440 again tonight with this trigger installed in single stage. And I do have to say, the Matrix series does respond nicer to these after market trigger. The higher angle and draw of the micros really seems to add "weight" to any trigger. But without diving into the trigger time tonight, I will says is smooth as you expect it to be. Excal has hit this one out of the park.

For your viewing pleasure, note the hole is closer to the trigger unit itself, moving the linkage up in an angle.

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Thanks for the review Chris!

My Micro 335 stock trigger is pretty good. But I can see it having a trigger upgrade sooner or later and it will be the Excalibur trigger. No more trigger techs for me!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

Installation is dead simple, remove stock, remove scope, remove trigger... install in reverse. Very clear step by step instructions The BD model such as mine requires you to undo the rearmost linkage screw and re install into the new linkage. Very simple, but does recommend lock tite RED. Although oddly enough, it did not have any on to begin with

Looks to me if you use lock tite RED it will be permanent, I've never been able to remove screws with RED without drilling them out.
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
janesy

Post by janesy »

deerman41 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:50 am
Installation is dead simple, remove stock, remove scope, remove trigger... install in reverse. Very clear step by step instructions The BD model such as mine requires you to undo the rearmost linkage screw and re install into the new linkage. Very simple, but does recommend lock tite RED. Although oddly enough, it did not have any on to begin with

Looks to me if you use lock tite RED it will be permanent, I've never been able to remove screws with RED without drilling them out.
Valid point, I'm assuming the red locktite is suggested so that there would be little to no chance a screw would ever fall out resulting in a warranty or service claim. In this case the amount would be minimal, and a touch of heat would break the bond in seconds. With that said, I used Blue.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

deerman41 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:50 am

I removed my linkage with a bic lighter and it was red Loc tite (got lucky). when I put it back together it will get BLUE lock tite. Red good for lug nuts on a jd 440 skidder that wont stay tight some nasty chit.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

One question for you can you change from stage one to stage 2 without removing the trigger or do you have to remove the entire trigger to change stages.
Thanks
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
janesy

Post by janesy »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:35 am
One question for you can you change from stage one to stage 2 without removing the trigger or do you have to remove the entire trigger to change stages.
Thanks
As per the instructions, you need to remove the stock. However, I did not check to confirm it is not doable with the stock on. It's a tiny little screw, I'd just as soon pop the stock off
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Thanks if you can let us know how it works in both stages, kinda curious been eyeing the 440 but no one around here has any of the new models in stock, good thing I guess I’m kinda an impulse buyer when it comes to bows and guns and have no control.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats