Wraps or no wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Re: Wraps or no wraps

Post by hankenhunter »

No wraps for me either. They are a horror to remove. I'm slowly but surely removing all my wraps.
Hank
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

nchunter wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:36 pm
Why retire an arrow just because it killed something? Wash it off with soap and water, and put it back in the quiver! Arrows like to kill stuff; the more they kill the happier they are! :thumbup:
x2....

i have an arrow that killed it's 4th deer last fall and the arrow is still like new. have not even had to replace any fletching :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

I started wrapping my arrows, last fall. I use 2219-Alumminum. The vanes sure do stick better then they do on a bare shaft! So what if you have to remove wrap to re-fletch? A little acetone, and the will come right off. Besides, don't you already have enough arrows, so that you will not have to worry about that for awhile? :eusa-think: My only worries were, if the wrap would cause an issue with the string/nock alignment... However, after gathering info., from all of you Gurus, I know now that it would not make any difference. :eusa-dance: So now I will be wrapping all of my arrows. :mrgreen:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
venison

Post by venison »

Just want thank everyone on their opinion s on wrapping my arrows..I don’t have any issues having to replace all my fletching s on them if one peels off ..I do like making my own arrows cause they are better then store bought arrows I been putting 3degree helical they fly beautiful see how well they hold when they slide down the rail..
janesy

Post by janesy »

jody5252 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:39 pm
I started wrapping my arrows, last fall. I use 2219-Alumminum. The vanes sure do stick better then they do on a bare shaft! So what if you have to remove wrap to re-fletch? A little acetone, and the will come right off. Besides, don't you already have enough arrows, so that you will not have to worry about that for awhile? :eusa-think: My only worries were, if the wrap would cause an issue with the string/nock alignment... However, after gathering info., from all of you Gurus, I know now that it would not make any difference. :eusa-dance: So now I will be wrapping all of my arrows. :mrgreen:
Good to know. I always make sure the wrap seam/overlap is perfectly opposite to the cock vane. That way the hold down spring is the only part of the bow in contact with it. I never considered it would make a difference, but for consistency sake I figured if it didn't touch the bow ... How could it hurt flight. And the if it did, they were all the same anyway
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Big John

Post by Big John »

I use wraps for good reason. Arrow retrieval and personalization. As well for good adhesion. When I hear about how hard it is to re-do if you lose a fletch, well, for me its a non issue. I can prep, clean , wrap, and fletch in a few minutes per arrow. So, to me its well worth it. Wraps help in the field for blood color analizing, as well as finding them in thick grass or bush or snow etc.
However, it all comes down to your own opinion. Just like this one is mine. :D

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]