Sapphire 325 (forward riser)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Montana Mark

Re: Sapphire 325 (forward riser)

Post by Montana Mark »

No baiting allowed in Montana. He does come around regularly in the spring and fall. I do consider myself to be protecting livestock and will figure out a way to do it. I will investigate this but it must be legal to monitor your livestock and protect them. The game warden actually told me it’s better if I take care of it myself during legal season with a tag but he did not give me tips on how to do it. I got the impression I could protect my livestock as I wished.

BTW. I have my garbage enclosed, fruit trees fenced, chicken coop like Fort Knox and electric wire around the goats. The bear still tears things up. I will make sure it’s not a grizzly. Don’t want to deal with that. PS I will also have a heavy sidearm to back up my crossbow.
Last edited by Montana Mark on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 am
janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am

Too true Jeff, some of the guys on here spend all kinds of time and money on bows. :lol:

I don’t understand why they do it :roll:
Lol! I can picture the Micro 360 TD all blacked out! Smokin!!!
I can't imaging it would take longer than a minute to find someone to swap for a Kryptic stock and limbs for black ones .
Or sell one of a kind Kryptic 335 :wink: just in time for travel
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Montana Mark wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 pm
No baiting allowed in Montana. He does come around regularly in the spring and fall. I do consider myself to be protecting livestock and will figure out a way to do it. I will investigate this but it must be legal to monitor your livestock and protect them. The game warden actually told me it’s better if I take care of it myself during legal season with a tag but he did not give me tips on how to do it. I got the impression I could protect my livestock as I wished.

BTW. I have my garbage enclosed, fruit trees fenced, chicken coop like Fort Knox and electric wire around the goats. The bear still tears things up. I will also make sure it’s not a grizzly. Don’t want to deal with that. PS I will also have a heavy sidearm to back up my crossbow.
I suppose if you fell asleep while BBQ'ing a pound of bacon, that would still be baiting.
Last edited by janesy on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

I always get sleepy frying that much bacon. It tires me out.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I state this because you said you would hunt turkey with it. Unless its different rules for residents or new rules this year you can't hunt spring turkey in Montana with a crossbow.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Thank you. I picked up the regs but haven’t read them yet. I will. Never hunted turkey before but they are running around. I just love the idea of the crossbow because I can hunt in my semi-rural area without offending neighbors. I can shoot guns but I prefer being quieter. It will be easy to get a deer in the meadow because I will have paced off yardages to various trees and stumps etc.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Welcome to the Excalibur family that dry fire on a wheel bow would have been far worse ,that bow will serve you very well.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Welcome aboard :wave:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Thanks guys. I was glad to tell my crossbow story. My wife was sick of listening. Now she knows how I feel when she talks about handbags. Crossbows are much more interesting than handbags in my opinion. She begs to differ. Still below zero here. Looking forward to shooting again. Can’t wait for the snow to melt to try longer shots at targets. Too snowy to set up a bench and don’t want to lose arrows in the snow. 50-60 yards along the driveway are all 4-5 inch groups kneeling. Use the board batten shed as a backstop so I can keep my crosshairs plumb. I’m having a blast (twang) with it. (It actually doesn’t twang, it makes a solid “thunk”. Air brakes feel a little front heavy but look cool.)
Last edited by Montana Mark on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BVP

Post by BVP »

Welcome!
Vixen ll
Ibex
Exocet 200
Exomax
Grizzly
Matrix 350 SE
Vixenmaster strings
Grim Reapers
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 am

I don’t understand why they do it :roll:
Lol! I can picture the Micro 360 TD all blacked out! Smokin!!!
I can't imaging it would take longer than a minute to find someone to swap for a Kryptic stock and limbs for black ones .
Or sell one of a kind Kryptic 335 :wink: just in time for travel
I have black Micro parts in house! Lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You will never see a fisherman ,hunter or a motorcyclist at a shrink's office......in short money spent on hobbies is actually well spent... nobody said that l made it up but l like it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

I am actually a shrink (psychiatrist) and I couldn’t agree more. I recommend this stuff all the time. Personally, shooting and working on this crossbow has helped my mood. Last summer, my mountain bike did the same. Keep on doing whatever you love.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

so tell me, doctor, is your purchase of a powerful weapon (for a short framed person) some sort of reverse psychological compensation for some freakishly large physical endowment?

:wink:
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
janesy

Post by janesy »

Montana Mark wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:49 pm
I am actually a shrink (psychiatrist) and I couldn’t agree more. I recommend this stuff all the time. Personally, shooting and working on this crossbow has helped my mood. Last summer, my mountain bike did the same. Keep on doing whatever you love.
Your going to come in handy around here. You don't specialize in addictive personality disorder by chance? Group rate? :lol:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme