Sapphire 325 (forward riser)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Montana Mark

Re: Sapphire 325 (forward riser)

Post by Montana Mark »

Post by Goose52 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 am

so tell me, doctor, is your purchase of a powerful weapon (for a short framed person) some sort of reverse psychological compensation for some freakishly large physical endowment?

Speaking personally, I have been told that "it is not the size of your crossbow, its how you use it that matters". Also, it is generally better not to shoot too fast. I think the sapphire fits me just right.
Last edited by Montana Mark on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Post by janesy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:07 am

Your going to come in handy around here. You don't specialize in addictive personality disorder by chance? Group rate?

I mainly prescribe medications. Maybe I should ask one of the custom arrow makers to build me some medicated darts?
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

"Speaking personally, I have been told that "it is not the size of your crossbow, its how you use it that matters". Also, it is generally better not to shoot too fast. I think the sapphire fits me just right."

good advice for any hunter. enjoy ur sapphire. #2 son has commandeered my 350 and while the 335 is a little less comfortable for me to shoulder, it's also a little easier toting around. i think the smaller excals have all the power you need and work better in smaller blinds. welcome to the forum.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 am
Your going to come in handy around here. You don't specialize in addictive personality disorder by chance? Group rate? :lol:
What would be the point if there's little to no chance of change? :eusa-deadhorse:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Boo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:21 pm
janesy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 am
Your going to come in handy around here. You don't specialize in addictive personality disorder by chance? Group rate? :lol:
What would be the point if there's little to no chance of change? :eusa-deadhorse:

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I am definitely getting a nice “rush” from crossbows. I am shopping for a couple of Grizzly’s for my sons so we can shoot and hunt together. That will make 3 Excaliburs (albeit small ones) in the house. Will of course need to get 2 ADF’s, 2 REDS and more arrows/ broadheads. I’m turning into a crossbow junkie. It’s warming up above zero in Montana so I was shooting 80 yards this weekend. Very fun. Still not losing any arrows in the 3 feet of snow we have here. Always hitting the target.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

The two Grizzly’s just got delivered for my college boys. Put them together. Need to put the Guardian ADF’s on (with blue locktite) before they shoot them. In my opinion, the Grizzly is a very sharp looking bow. Can’t wait to shoot them myself. My sons and I will definitely be in the woods come hunting season. The nice thing is that we don’t have to hike so far to get away from the houses. We can just go into the national forest behind the house. It’ll be nice to go for an hour long hunt after dinner or before work. It will definitely open up hunting season for me since I’m on call practically all the time.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Those Grizzly’s shoot great. Very accurate. My bow is noticably quieter with the Air Brakes but not as accurate. All 3 of our bows have Dead Zone scopes. The boys’ scopes work much better than mine. My turret adjustments are mushy and sometimes there is no “click”. Mine doesn’t have as tight of groups or hold zero like theirs. I’ll have to start another thread for that.
Last edited by Montana Mark on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

So, I found out that I have a defective scope. I put one of the boys scopes (Dead Zone) on my bow and had same hole accuracy off a bench. (My scope had 3 inch groups.). I’ll RMA it and get another Dead Zone. I think it’s a decent little scope, not interested in a different one. (Besides, I’m getting “crossbow shopping fatigue” after buying 3 crossbows, along with all the parts, accessories and arrows.). The funny thing is how I could have so much fun for a month shooting inaccurately (until I found out). I guess I’m a cheap date. The bow is very fun to shoot. Can’t wait to get the new scope. I’ll be ready for that bear next month when season opens. My plan is to wake up every morning before light and patrol for him. He’ll be back, just like he is every year. And this time, I’ll be waiting with “my little friend”.