Durable Rain Suit Suggestions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Art-Man

Durable Rain Suit Suggestions

Post by Art-Man »

Hey Guys and Gals,

Looking to pick up a good durable rain suit for hunting. Looking for something that is durable walking through thick bush, quiet, and won't break the bank. What suggestions do you all have. Plus what experience do you have with what you are recommending.

Thanks in advance
Smong2000

Re: Durable Rain Suit Suggestions

Post by Smong2000 »

I am on my 4th year with Scentblocker Rainblocker pants and an old Browning Hydrofleece jacket. I like the pants because they have a full length zipper that you can open from the top or bottom. Very important to me so I can vent my upper legs when walking. Pit zippers are also critical to me for venting upper body.
It's going to be hard to find a suit that meets all your needs mostly because I found anything quiet and durable is not going to be cheap. Watch clearance sales this time of year and you might get close to your needs.
foofoo

Re: Durable Rain Suit Suggestions

Post by foofoo »

dont know if theres much out there thats gonna survive walking in brush that is quiet.are you actually hunting in the brush or going from point a-b? the softer face rain suit materials ive owned are quiet but get heavy from the material absorbing water after a while. finding a set of rain gear with pit zips is nice because you can wet out inside from sweat that might make you think you have a leak.premium rain gear like Kuiu Yukons are fairly pricey and tough but have some noise. i had someone years back tell me they wore whatever rain suit with a fabric shirt/jacket over it to stay quiet while someone wrote on another forum about just wearing wool head to toe and deal with being wet but at least quiet and warm. i think hunting in brush youll have to expect replacing after a season or 2.