Titanium Screws

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Titanium Screws

Post by rattlerun »

Just got a new to me Matrix 350 le and thought I would play with it. I got the titanium screw kit for it and everything was going good until I got to the 4 staddle strap bolts on the limbs. The bow came with little black spacers but the titanium screws that are to replace them will not fit through the spacers. Are the spacers necessary ? My older 355 does not have the spacers. I just tightened them down, they look good, but I'm little leary to shoot it. Any info would be greatly appreciated
hunter with MS

Re: Titanium Screws

Post by hunter with MS »

When I got a set of air brakes for my Matrix 330 the screws that came with it were longer and the spacers were not used . So with that in mind I would put the screws in making sure they are tight and give it a try
janesy

Post by janesy »

rattlerun wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:00 pm
Just got a new to me Matrix 350 le and thought I would play with it. I got the titanium screw kit for it and everything was going good until I got to the 4 staddle strap bolts on the limbs. The bow came with little black spacers but the titanium screws that are to replace them will not fit through the spacers. Are the spacers necessary ? My older 355 does not have the spacers. I just tightened them down, they look good, but I'm little leary to shoot it. Any info would be greatly appreciated
The matrix 355s never came with the spacer either. The spacers(ferruls) allow the limbs the flex and move around more instead of holing the firm. Allows them to move without breaking.
The 355s nearly never broke so you'd be just fine to shoot without the ferruls. However, the new design is a step forward, so your call.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Call Danny Miller. :thumbup:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

papa bear1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am

Yup, and budget some talk time. I was on the phone with him for 33 minutes when I ordered my replacement limb attachment hardware last week. I think 2 minutes of that was on hold while he finished up the other caller, 28 minutes talking about triggers, and 3 minutes ordering the bits I needed to take off the air brakes.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

RobD wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:13 pm
papa bear1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am

Yup, and budget some talk time. I was on the phone with him for 33 minutes when I ordered my replacement limb attachment hardware last week. I think 2 minutes of that was on hold while he finished up the other caller, 28 minutes talking about triggers, and 3 minutes ordering the bits I needed to take off the air brakes.
[/quote

yup

Dave :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I helped to get these kits mass produced back when the bows had pretty much interchangeable fasteners from Exo to Matrix to Micro. A lot has changed with Excal since then and the Ti company hasn’t been keen on keeping up with all the design changes. I have a Matrix 410 and I use the stock hardware here with spacers instead of the Titanium hardware because I get less scoring of the limb from those damn limb straps.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

. I have a Matrix 410 and I use the stock hardware here with spacers instead of the Titanium hardware because I get less scoring of the limb from those damn limb straps.
My limb straps have a small piece of rubber on them. Is that not enough?