Time for a new bow...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Time for a new bow...

Post by flinthead »

I'm looking at the Bulldog 380 and the Micro 355...

What do you guys think?

I'm a little concerned about the trigger linkage on the Bulldog... maybe there are no issues, it just seems like that could be a weak point.

Anyway, which one of these would you go with?
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
W.Miguire

Re: Time for a new bow...

Post by W.Miguire »

That's not a easy choice they are both nice shooting bow , I have a 355 matrix and a 355 micro and for me I like the way the matrix shoots and for a smaller bow the micro is also a nice shooting bow so I would go with what you like the best. JMO.
W.M.
janesy

Post by janesy »

flinthead wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 am
I'm looking at the Bulldog 380 and the Micro 355...

What do you guys think?

I'm a little concerned about the trigger linkage on the Bulldog... maybe there are no issues, it just seems like that could be a weak point.

Anyway, which one of these would you go with?
Suppressor. Best of both worlds.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Durn its always this way :thumbup: I don't think the linkage is a problem. Its about how long do you want to tear down shoulders n back doin the rope cocker instead of usin crank. How fast n how heavy arrow you will shoot. Do you like the narrow limb width of Micro vs Matrix/BD models ? You will jus have to balance all that out n decide or jus buy both
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RobD

Post by RobD »

I don't know how the Bullpup design is going to do long-term with the linkage. I've wondered the same thing and was one of my hesitations when thinking about the BD400 I recently bought. But I know Excalibur has my back with the lifetime warranty, and if it does become an issue I'm sure a stronger or altered design part will be available to correct the issue for any bow that has a problem.

They are both going to be a tough rope to pull. A crank may be necessary for either bow now or in the future. I can pull the rope on the Matrix 380 but have to use all my might on the BD400. The Micro 355 is supposed to be just a tad tougher than the Matrix 380. But it is all based on your personal body build, tricks like shortening the cocking rope to reduce the pull distance, etc.

I'd first decide on whether you can live with the wider width of the Bulldog versus the narrower Micro. That's the biggest difference between them that matters. After that, it's just little features that don't really matter. They'll both have the same end result on game.

There are some dealer exclusive Bulldog 360 bows on the big-name auction site as well. Just gonna throw that one out there as an option, you can search the forum for some discussions about it.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Thanks guys!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

If I was in the market I would grab one of these Bulldog 360's!!

You simply can't beat the price! :)

http://americanarcheryusa.com/product/excalibur-matrix-bulldog-360-bullpup-stock-black-shadow-new-2018-special-production-run-2/
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:45 pm
If I was in the market I would grab one of these Bulldog 360's!!

You simply can't beat the price! :)

http://americanarcheryusa.com/product/excalibur-matrix-bulldog-360-bullpup-stock-black-shadow-new-2018-special-production-run-2/
Not to mention the endless possibilities when you get bored. That's a good package
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I have both...accuracy is the same, dead nuts out to sixty and beyond.
My bulldog 380 is faster shooting a heavier arrow. I’ve had no issues with the trigger, mine has an excellent trigger with no creep.
My micro is naturally easier to handle being smaller and is shooting 345fps with stock quills and 125gr heads.
Both are stout to hand cock...but it can be done. Honestly to me the micro takes more effort than my bulldog. I installed the charger XT on my micro so it’s a non issue.
You can’t go wrong with either one. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

why limit to those 2 models.id go shoot a few at your local dealer. just me but i dont like linkage designs unless there compounds. its just a feel thing. doubt there would be long term issues with trigger bars and linkage in the Excals.i do prefer the Micro series over the Matrix strictly for huntin.good luck deciding!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Why don't you put in a few bucks here and see what happens before you buy?
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69803
Some people just like stepping on rakes
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I bought a BD380 to back up my M405. Now the M405 is my back up xbow. The BD is easier to cock; with the addition of the charger crank I can do it quietly now. The BD is easier on the serving as well. If I were going to buy a micro it would be the Assassin. I liked the trigger, internal crank, and adjustable stock. It shot great and fit me well. Shoot them both and see which one you like the best; my neighbor bought a micro 335 last year. It was his first xbow. I sent to the range with him when he first got it. Now it was a xbow I could shoot all day long. Good luck.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain