2019-20 Regs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Re: 2019-20 Regs

Post by munch »

I miss th old days when you went down the street to the local hardware store and bought your license, yes they have made it nice if you want to buy from home and all you need is a $500 computer a $100 printer paper .$60 internet service per month don’t forget paper and put your credit card number out there for the world
I think the whole thing is bullshit price of licence goes up yearly and now we have to pay to pay great system
Also what happens now when you are deer hunting up at the cabin and find you have bears and decide you would like to try hunting them how do you print your tag
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

munch wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 am

Also what happens now when you are deer hunting up at the cabin and find you have bears and decide you would like to try hunting them how do you print your tag
Well one guess if you or someone in your group have Data on a Smart Phone and Cell Services ( which mine is spotty at best in the area I hunt :thumbdown: :eh: )
You can just go online to your MNR Account and make the purchase on the spot. Then take a screen shot or download PDF of your purchase to your phone as a record is possible.
A step further is to Buy a cheap used printer or bring your own printer and LapTop combination if you have one along to the camp then transfer tag PDF file from your Phone to your laptop by bluetooth or USB or print directly to printer. So I guess there is a potential way to do it if need be.
Still trying to figure it out if that is enough to get by.

I know I have the equipment (Smart phone - bluetooth file transfer) to Laptop then print Tag PDF file to Printer to do the job . Just trying to work out the logistics in my case.

I know not everyone has the equipment available at their disposal but the new system has some potential to make last minute tag purchases much easier. Where as in the past you would have had to drive some distance from the hunt camp to find a retailer that sells hunting licences to buy a tag .
Which at the moment is still possible to do even under the new system.

Note : I just purchased my Turkey Tag for this year at the local Canadian Tire without hitch. :thumbup:

x
munch

Post by munch »

Where did you find a Canadian tire to sell a tag I was told only service Ontario .
Also could they not have made it so you could buy your tag using a smart phone and screen shot the tag .
By doing this it’s in the system that your tag was purchased and let the Mnr figure out how their officers can connect threw sat phone if they need to verify your license I’m sure it would be cheaper in the long run to equip co rather than every hunter in Ontario
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
colouredchameleon

munch wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Where did you find a Canadian tire to sell a tag I was told only service Ontario .
Also could they not have made it so you could buy your tag using a smart phone and screen shot the tag .
By doing this it’s in the system that your tag was purchased and let the Mnr figure out how their officers can connect threw sat phone if they need to verify your license I’m sure it would be cheaper in the long run to equip co rather than every hunter in Ontario
You still have to be able to notch the paper copy at the kill site. It is just that you now do not have to place the paper printed tag on the animal while transporting. No notches in tag is the same as was once you had to actually tag the the animal at the kill site immediately and before transport.

There is a good article in this months Ontario Outdoors Magazine on the subject and warnings to issues you could encounter during the whole process.
May want to check with where you once bought your tags before to see if they still do and are able to print which is I believe the only limiting factor for them going forward. I know here in Kingston one store has the printing option available to them while the other two CTC stores are unable to print due to the lack of a printer for the time being .
munch

Post by munch »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 pm
munch wrote:
You still have to be able to notch the paper copy at the kill site. It is just that you now do not have to place the paper printed tag on the animal while transporting. No notches in tag is the same as was once you had to actually tag the the animal at the kill site immediately and before transport.

There is a good article in this months Ontario Outdoors Magazine on the subject and warnings to issues you could encounter during the whole process.
May want to check with where you once bought your tags before to see if they still do and are able to print which is I believe the only limiting factor for them going forward. I know here in Kingston one store has the printing option available to them while the other two CTC stores are unable to print due to the lack of a printer for the time being .
I still think the biggest problem is we have too many people who grew up hiding in their bedroom playing Nintendo designing something better ,I bought my small game and 2 turkey tags at service Ontario today ant a cost of $85 and the lady told me they are trying to save money printing tags I will be buying fishing licence bear licence moose licence deer that’s going to be around $300 from one hunter this year alone surely they are making enough money toprint a tag .anotherthi g the pricks make you buy a moose licence before you apply because they know at least 75 percent of guys would never buy a tag it one in there group gets drawn . It’s a scam tax grab the wholesystem
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
colouredchameleon

Glad to see you found an option that works for you.
As to the flaws in the system fingers crossed the system improves over time.

I suspect tag / licence fees alone do not fully fund costs related to managing the OMNR.
Maybe the new system will help in the long run to better manage hunting oportunties in Ontario.
ie.. 100% reporting going forward . unfortinately you may need a mobile office / full time office manager to keep track of all the documents needed on your person while particapating in hunting and fishing activities.
janesy

Post by janesy »

munch wrote:
You can still go to any licenced issuer, that still exists. All they have done is made you able to purchased and display your purchase electronically. I personally thing it's great that I can now display everything as PDF. I opened my laptop last week for the first time since 2015. Still works lol.

Here's the list, page updated as of 2019

https://www.ontario.ca/travel-and-recreation/hunting-and-fishing-licence-issuers
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
galamb

Post by galamb »

A little late to this post but a number of licence issuers (including where I work) decided to opt out of the new program for a few reasons.

First, under the old system they provided the computer, the printer that printed the tags, the tags themselves etc and we got the $2 "service fee" for processing the licence (which gave the minimum wage employee about 8 minutes to go through the whole process before we started eating the cost of processing).

Under the new system they wanted us to buy the "specified system", provide the paper to print the tags/licence summary; have a "dedicated" data line to the MNRF at our expense and they discontinued the service fee. So we would eat the cost of the equipment, supplies, connection and time to process. And they still require payment for any "jiggered up" licences that you process. So mess up a Moose Tag and we are out 50-whatever bucks with no way to recover.

So unless you can quantify quite a bit of "spin off" business it was simply going to cost us money. So we opted out.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS