Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Targets

Post by jody5252 »

Rinehart undoubtedly, one of the best. But a lot of coin. I have the one with the replaceable core. Just wanted to see what other good targets that are out there... Must be able to shoot BH into it - large size, 21x22 (Minimum) - easy Arrow removal - and wallet friendly...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Normous

Re: Targets

Post by Normous »

What is your budget?

For thought, the Morrell High Roller 21 that I use exhibits easy arrow removal using self healing foam and performs well with broadheads. It is $120 usd but a slighty smaller than your preference.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Honestly, the best, cheap target with super-easy arrow removal is a burlap sack packed with old rags.

I got a burlap sack for $1-$2 from a coffee shop (they get their coffee beans in them). Here in North Carolina there’s no shortage of cloth scraps from textile plants, but you can just use the old clothes your kids (and you and your spouse) grew out of.
Might want to cut and zippers and snaps off the pants first, before stuffing them in the sack though—doesn’t hurt the field points, but rough on the broadheads.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

years age I used to shoot in many a Broadhead leagues we had card board deer targets hanging in front of sand piles you shoot and tape up the hole from the back side for the next group of shooters, we each carried a tube of lipstck you would touch each blade tip with your color and if two shots in the group were close to each other the lip stick let you know what shot was yours.
When my kids no longer used their sand box i tore it apart and used the wood to make a broad head pit I have a plastic cover for it to keep it dry and cats out of it .
I have dedicated practice heads that I shoot the same as i hunt with and wipe the bolt with a rag between shots and a tooth brush is handy also, the bolts come out with 2 fingers.
After many shots the blades get warn thin and break I just replace with blades that went through last years deer.
If you are interested in a picture of my Jerry rigged pit send me a private message with a smart phone # and I will take one I have no luck posting pictures on the forum.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Normous wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:18 pm
What is your budget?

For thought, the Morrell High Roller 21 that I use exhibits easy arrow removal using self healing foam and performs well with broadheads. It is $120 usd but a slighty smaller than your preference.
Thanks. The measurements that I sent you were from another target I have. The one that you are talking about is prob. the same as the Rinehart. I will check on that one...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks