Custom Excal's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

Custom Excal's

Post by exocet200hunter »

I know few like to tinker with there bows, time to show off a few of them custom Xcals ! From wooden stocks, hydro dipped, or anything else that makes your bow unique let's see em'
nchunter

Re: Custom Excal's

Post by nchunter »

Here’s a couple mods I made to my Exocet 175.

I made a stock out of a dead walnut tree I cut down off my cousin’s farm. It’s not nearly as nice as some folks on this forum have made, but I like it. The plastic stock that came with it was fine; I was unemployed at the time, and just bored so I thought I’d try my hand at it.

One improvement I did make over the original stock, IMO, was putting a deep groove for the rope cocker at the back of the stock. The rope groove Excalibur put on the plastic stock is much too shallow! When cocking the bow in the pre-dawn darkness, sometimes the rope would slip out of the groove of the plastic stock and catch on the safety latch. That can’t happen with this groove!

The wood stock did have the added benefit of quieting the bow down a bit—or at least lowering the sound frequency. The sound was more of a “thunk” instead of a “ping”.

The other mod I made was after I found out that Excalibur (back in the day) just made one set of limbs and put them on all the bow models. The difference between my Exocet and the more powerful Exomag was how far they pulled the [identical] limbs back! Once I knew that I made polycarbonate shims to give me that extra inch of throw, turning my Exocet into an Exomag.

NCHunter
Exocet 175 (modified)
600-grain Executioner arrows
Centaur Battle axe
(230-grain) broad heads
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Matrix 380
Boo String
Relayer Stock
Vortex Viper XBR 2.5-10x by 44mm illuminated scope
Big John bolts
Solid Broadheads
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
frisky

Post by frisky »

Two nice bows. I like each of them!! :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
exocet200hunter

[quote=nchunter post_id=681132 time=1556572650 user_id=1548]
Here’s a couple mods I made to my Exocet 175.

I made a stock out of a dead walnut tree I cut down off my cousin’s farm. It’s not nearly as nice as some folks on this forum have made, but I like it. The plastic stock that came with it was fine; I was unemployed at the time, and just bored so I thought I’d try my hand at it.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/8P3KVkFF/9-DA53831-3-F51-4-AE9-86-DC-4-D8459-AF1-D51.jpg[/img]

One improvement I did make over the original stock, IMO, was putting a deep groove for the rope cocker at the back of the stock. The rope groove Excalibur put on the plastic stock is much too shallow! When cocking the bow in the pre-dawn darkness, sometimes the rope would slip out of the groove of the plastic stock and catch on the safety latch. That can’t happen with this groove!
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/g2VvBG3b/E6-BDC9-B5-BA2-A-4094-A345-AE4287-E3320-C.jpg[/img]

The wood stock did have the added benefit of quieting the bow down a bit—or at least lowering the sound frequency. The sound was more of a “thunk” instead of a “ping”.

The other mod I made was after I found out that Excalibur (back in the day) just made one set of limbs and put them on all the bow models. The difference between my Exocet and the more powerful Exomag was how far they pulled the [identical] limbs back! Once I knew that I made polycarbonate shims to give me that extra inch of throw, turning my Exocet into an Exomag.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/FKh0Mwxd/99-F174-AE-9-A2-B-4209-8-F20-69-EB9-DE10-C68.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Nice rigs and custom stock. Looks like you have the knack for it.
- Matt
exocet200hunter

Keep em coming guys !
janesy

Post by janesy »

Here's my micro collection. Pitbull370, BD345, and the
mini-Suppressor310 :D

I recently lucked out and came across a MUBU cheek piece for the BD345, it's my favorite.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme