SAD Too Week To Draw My Micro 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mixter

Re: SAD Too Week To Draw My Micro 355

Post by Mixter »

How are you guys shortening the rope? Sorry pretty new to this and not sure what you mean?
janesy

Post by janesy »

Mixter wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:04 am
How are you guys shortening the rope? Sorry pretty new to this and not sure what you mean?
Just pull one end of the rope free from the handle. Go down about an inch and then tie a knot there. That will give you 2" or slightly more. Start there. Move the knot up or down depending on your preference.
Once you've found the spot you like, cut the rope above the new knot, burn the end and then tuck it all back into place.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

janesy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:41 am
Mixter wrote:
Just pull one end of the rope free from the handle. Go down about an inch and then tie a knot there. That will give you 2" or slightly more. Start there. Move the knot up or down depending on your preference.
Once you've found the spot you like, cut the rope above the new knot, burn the end and then tuck it all back into place.
:thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus my personal opinion but you would be better off usin the C2. No strain on yer hands/fingers/elbows/shoulders n back. Save yer body n let that C2 do the job it were made fer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Y'all can make fun. Get a chuckle. A couple of weeks ago, I was going to shoot my Matrix. Its a homebrew, that has a Vixen II rail. Stroke puts it half way between a 380 and a 405. Through a chrony it shoots 389 with a 358 gr. arrow (closest that I had to 350 gr.). It is about all I want to cock. Well the brace height needed a bit of attention so I got the stringing aid out that I made from starter cord with clear plastic tubing over the loops. I have used it several times in the past and it works well. I got stringing aid on bow, and started to cock it. I could get to the ADF and that was all! Like I had it hooked to the truck. My wife was on a trip, Colton was at work, I was here by myself. I couldn't for the life of me cock it , and I couldn't get enough pressure off of the ADF to uncock it. I have shortened my rope cockers all I could over the years because it is so much easier to cock a bow that way, so I thought if I shortened a rope cocker REALLY short ( I mean just long enough to go from string to string while it was on the ADF. LIKE 10" long) With this super short cocker I got it cocked fairly easily. I am not sure why I couldn't get it the first go around since I have used all that before, but I sure couldn't. A really short rope cocker might get you out of a jamb sometime I guess, or use it in lieu of a crank while hunting? go ahead laugh , I deserve it. :lol:
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

My 405 was a "bear" to pull back but seemed to be easier in the tree-stand after shooting a deer. I bought the C2 crank and never looked back. Now that I have the bulldog model the charger crank does all the work. I feel more confident with the shot as I now the process to bring the string back is being repeated with a device and not me per say. I would imagine the micro series would be just as tough but thank goodness for the cranks.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
janesy

Post by janesy »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 pm
Y'all can make fun. Get a chuckle. A couple of weeks ago, I was going to shoot my Matrix. Its a homebrew, that has a Vixen II rail. Stroke puts it half way between a 380 and a 405. Through a chrony it shoots 389 with a 358 gr. arrow (closest that I had to 350 gr.). It is about all I want to cock. Well the brace height needed a bit of attention so I got the stringing aid out that I made from starter cord with clear plastic tubing over the loops. I have used it several times in the past and it works well. I got stringing aid on bow, and started to cock it. I could get to the ADF and that was all! Like I had it hooked to the truck. My wife was on a trip, Colton was at work, I was here by myself. I couldn't for the life of me cock it , and I couldn't get enough pressure off of the ADF to uncock it. I have shortened my rope cockers all I could over the years because it is so much easier to cock a bow that way, so I thought if I shortened a rope cocker REALLY short ( I mean just long enough to go from string to string while it was on the ADF. LIKE 10" long) With this super short cocker I got it cocked fairly easily. I am not sure why I couldn't get it the first go around since I have used all that before, but I sure couldn't. A really short rope cocker might get you out of a jamb sometime I guess, or use it in lieu of a crank while hunting? go ahead laugh , I deserve it. :lol:
I did the same thing when I first got my slave stringer. If those loops travel up the limbs too far forget it.
Luckily I was able to pull the string off and reposition it so I was able to cock the bow with the string past the slave with was not coming off the ADF ever again. and it worked, but man my back was destroyed for a couple days.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

janesy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:41 am
Mixter wrote:

Thanks I’ll give it a shot
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Wow I want to really thank all the suggestions. I took the day off to putter around and go fishing.
I shortened the Excalibur rope cocker as suggested, tied a knot one inch from the original so the knot takes up an inch so as explained that shortened the rope by 2 inches. First try cocked the bow woohoo no big deal when you listen to good advice. I de-cocked it just as easy. Can’t wait for that Bulldog target to get here. I was pleasantly surprised how east it was this time around. As for the Dr Stirrup 4x4 I’ll make sure I get that the correct length as well.
Very, very thankful to everyone.
:thumbup: Stepnout
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:59 am
Wow I want to really thank all the suggestions. I took the day off to putter around and go fishing.
I shortened the Excalibur rope cocker as suggested, tied a knot one inch from the original so the knot takes up an inch so as explained that shortened the rope by 2 inches. First try cocked the bow woohoo no big deal when you listen to good advice. I de-cocked it just as easy. Can’t wait for that Bulldog target to get here. I was pleasantly surprised how east it was this time around. As for the Dr Stirrup 4x4 I’ll make sure I get that the correct length as well.
Very, very thankful to everyone.
:thumbup: Stepnout
Awesome! :thumbup: Glad to hear it worked out. Just remember, unlike the matrix line, the micros need full force from start to finish, start strong and finish strong. And please, use your legs
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

Ok so i shortened my draw string the only issue is I can’t get it to reach to the string with the second hook. Can I loosen the string a turn to get a bit more flex? Does this have a negative effect on the performance?
janesy

Post by janesy »

Mixter wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:35 am
Ok so i shortened my draw string the only issue is I can’t get it to reach to the string with the second hook. Can I loosen the string a turn to get a bit more flex? Does this have a negative effect on the performance?
You need to hook on one side, then reach down and pull the string up manually to engage the second hook. You'll only need to pull it an inch or so.
I'd recommend hooking the string from the bottom as opposed to the top so you can easily confirm the string is always seated in the hooks as you are pulling it up.

Your brace height is far more important, do not adjust the bow string to try to reach the hooks. You will not gain any flex, and could potentially create a damaging scenariofor your bow if you are untwisting.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

janesy wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:44 am
Mixter wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:35 am
You need to hook on one side, then reach down and pull the string up manually to engage the second hook. You'll only need to pull it an inch or so.
I'd recommend hooking the string from the bottom as opposed to the top so you can easily confirm the string is always seated in the hooks as you are pulling it up.

Your brace height is far more important, do not adjust the bow string to try to reach the hooks. You will not gain any flex, and could potentially create a damaging scenariofor your bow if you are untwisting.
Solid copy thanks! I think I’ll stick with the crank as I have bulging discs and bad shoulders and just can’t quite get it to lock into place at the end. My shoulders power out ugh!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Well received the Dr Stirrup 4x4kocker put it together. Adjusted the length of the rope 3 times now. It seems to me the rope is very stretchy. I find the Excalibur rope cocker easier but not easy if you know what I mean lol. Oh I'll still tinker a bit while with the length until I find the sweet spot.
AS other suggested I'l be taking advantage of that C2 crank....that's why I bought the package deal :thumbup: