440 Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OhioXBowhunter

440 Questions

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Anyone with the 440 does it come with the sound deadening system and air brakes or do you have to have to purchase them separately.
Also anyone got any reviews on this bow or the 420 likes/dislikes how they compare to your other excals ? Fire away
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Boo

Re: 440 Questions

Post by Boo »

The sound deadening system on my 440 is just a coated stirrup and arrow retainer. It also comes with some material that isolates the mainframe from the riser. The other stuff, I could do without. The 440, as you can imagine, is not a mild bow in noise or performance.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Don is it close to the 405 on sound and how’s it compared to the 405 what’s your thoughts on it. I’ve been trying to find one of the 440s and the 420 to compare, but the Cabelas and Field and Stream stores in the Columbus area are telling me they cannot get any in until late summer. I’d like to shoot em together and compare before I get one, it took all of one shot on the 405 before I knew it was going home with me although I ended up shooting it about a dozen times before I left the store. Thanks for any and all your input.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Boo

Post by Boo »

It is louder than the 405 but as much as should be expected. It is
Slightly more nose heavy but there's no big step up in shock. It's still too wet and soft for me to walk anywhere repetitively anywhere near the house so I haven't been able to shoot the 440 at any distance but this being an Excalibur and being able to shoot up to 22 inch arrows, I expect accuracy to be stellar.
I'm not 100% sure but I think Danny has one on stock. :think: I think you need one! :eusa-popcorn:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

I had the pleasure of shooting one a couple of days ago and was very pleased. Trigger was smooth, the bow was well balanced, the charger crank worked great and I was surprised at the lack of shock I was expecting at the shot. The noise of the bow reminded me of a matrix 355 without R.E.D.S. My original reason for going to the shop was to shoot the 360TD but the 440 really won me over. I will be watching this bow for a bit to see how it holds up. If it can prove to be reliable I could see one coming home with me yet this year.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!