Doink and Crunch !!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Doink and Crunch !!

Post by xcaliber »

That’s great, hope you’re all good going forward. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Great news! Hope that it all works out for you. :thumbup:
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Went out and shot this morning and just to show how bad my luck is at 10 yards the arrow was off and hit the side of the target causing the arrow to split in half lol So got another arrow adjusted the site and 4 shots later was hitting the bullseye at 20 and the bullhead I put on was only off an inch to the right so good to go for the rest of turkey season and now this bow seems to be shooting well again so thanks excal looking forward to shooting stuff with renewed excal confidence !!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great news
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am
Let it go guys. I have found that making friends is much harder than making enemies when you don’t actually have physical contact. I’m sure you have more in common than you realize, and a better conversation is a few key taps away.

Dan
:thumbup: :clap:

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Well got out the new well old bow with new riser and limbs to get set up for my mule deer hunt in Nebraska next month. Well I hope its nothing but my experience bodes not well ! After about 10 shots I noticed a long thin line forming and stretching the length of the left limb and then a second one just underneath the first. Oh boy I hope another cruch isn't coming as I was hoping the troubles with this bow were over with. At least I have a set of spare limbs :(
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 pm
Well got out the new well old bow with new riser and limbs to get set up for my mule deer hunt in Nebraska next month. Well I hope its nothing but my experience bodes not well ! After about 10 shots I noticed a long thin line forming and stretching the length of the left limb and then a second one just underneath the first. Oh boy I hope another cruch isn't coming as I was hoping the troubles with this bow were over with. At least I have a set of spare limbs :(
With an upcoming hunt don't leave this to chance. Cock the bow, put it on safety and leave it loaded in a safe place for a day or two. If it seems fine, unload it and check the limb tiller. If you're still unsure, shoot some field points to check accuracy then shoot some fixed broadheads. They'll tell you very quickly if there's a limb issue.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
janesy

Post by janesy »

paulaboutform wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
With an upcoming hunt don't leave this to chance. Cock the bow, put it on safety and leave it loaded in a safe place for a day or two. If it seems fine, unload it and check the limb tiller. If you're still unsure, shoot some field points to check accuracy then shoot some fixed broadheads. They'll tell you very quickly if there's a limb issue.

Paul
Respectfully Paul, I think you mean leave it cocked and uncocked. Sound advice, but clarification is key there... Don't leave it loaded :)
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
I have seen MANY limbs with similar cosmetic character lines due to the hand build process.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Normous wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:43 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
I have seen MANY limbs with similar cosmetic character lines due to the hand build process.
Thanks for the advise guys. I am trying that procedure since I posted before switching limbs !

If it was cosmetic wouldn't it have been present before and not getting bigger and forming new ones ?

The good part is it was hitting dead one at 20 to 40 yards so maybe Normous is right for once lol :wink:

Best part is I got out the old boat anchor and after putting on the string etc it still hits dead on out to 40 even after over 20 years must be telling me something !!!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

"If it was cosmetic wouldn't it have been present before and not getting bigger and forming new ones ?"

Not at all.

Cosmetic stuff is the surface coating , and that can let go at any time, without any concern about the functionality of the limb. It is more likely to happen most noticeably on a new limb after it gets used a bit, though.

It's just like a new pair of shoes. After some use, creases and lines form. That doesn't affect the "operation" of the shoes, though.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

My new this spring micro 355 was smooth at first but as I have been shooting it about 60 rounds I have noticed these check marks in the coating. I’m not concerned.
If you have ever seen wall paper in older buildings the walls move and wrinkle the wall paper coating, that’s what it reminds me of. So in my mind the limb and the coating on the limb move/flex at different rates hence causing imperfections in the coating. In my little pea brain I’m thinking the odd limb fibre may stretch differently from the others causing a slight cosmetic blemish. JMHO
I have very little experience but just some of my thoughts out loud
Wayne
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've never seen a need to talk about it publicly but I've have a couple of limbs screw up on oneof my Micros. Since the riser was replaced I've had no problems. Excalibur treats us all more like friends than just customers so I treat them the same. They've earned that.
A note about the finish. Just like automotive paint, with time the volatile materials used flash off and in the automotive industry its refered to as "paint sinking" and you see imperfections when it does happen. I have a large number of bows (you guys can shut up now :eusa-naughty: ) and they all look perfect when they are brand spanking new. It seems time and being outside in the heat causes it to sink. The way the limbs are made, it's unavoidable.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

...................... I have a large number of bows (you guys can shut up now :eusa-naughty: ) and they all look perfect when they are brand spanking new. It seems time and being outside in the heat causes it to sink. The way the limbs are made, it's unavoidable.
Don, I only thought you only had a few crossbows :oops: :crazy: :crazy: :eusa-deadhorse: :eusa-deadhorse:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

janesy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:

Paul
Respectfully Paul, I think you mean leave it cocked and uncocked. Sound advice, but clarification is key there... Don't leave it loaded :)
Yes, I did mean cocked, not loaded...good catch...you know what I meant. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.