Doink and Crunch !!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Timbrhuntr

Doink and Crunch !!

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Well I hate to give bad reviews on excal products as my exomax has given me years of trouble free service but !!
I bought a micro 335 and what a lemon !
Scope broke and I thought I had a small split in one limb but it also might have been cosmetic so I ordered a new set of limbs which I paid for to have a spare.
So yesterday turkey hunting while sitting calling I here a distinct doink and look down to see a long thick piece of the limb split from the rest. This is the new set not even on the bow for a year. So I go get the original set and put them on. Well as I'm cocking the bow crunch the limb splits right down the middle. What !!
Anybody want a 335 micro lemon that has already cost me 2 nice bucks, an antelope and a mule deer and now a turkey. I think I'm going back to the exomax which has killed just about everything I point it at and never failed me !
Yes I'm sure excaliber will send me new limbs to try and make this right as they are a good company but my confidence with this bow is shot too bad really as I like the feel of it just can't count on it !
Kinda like this web site now where you can't count on your post actually going through unless you do it 3 times lol
W.Miguire

Re: Doink and Crunch !!

Post by W.Miguire »

Sorry to hear about you bow . I have never had a problem with the one I have and I shoot it a lot . if it were me I would contact the factory for advice. I am sure they will make it good for you .
W.M.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I imagine both sets of limbs will be replaced by Excalibur, send an email to customer service. I have had no issues ever with any model, maybe just lucky but I think you still get her repaired and have many good years with her. I
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Yes I knew they would do me right in fact just got off the phone and they are sending me new limbs and a new riser but thats not the point I guess used to be bullet proof now not sure. Worst part is I was hunting with my buddy in Kansas who just bought a ravin I keep telling him to get an excal as they are bullet proof now I'm not sure I can back that up lol
Just dug out the anchor and sighted it in gotta go stick that tom thats bugging me !
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'll take your Micro if you don't want it anymore! Lol :mrgreen:

No complaints about my Micro 335 it keeps on ticking along with zero issues! :thumbup:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I'm interested in trading my 330 for a micro if anyone's interested.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 am
Well I hate to give bad reviews on excal products as my exomax has given me years of trouble free service but !!
I bought a micro 335 and what a lemon !
Scope broke and I thought I had a small split in one limb but it also might have been cosmetic so I ordered a new set of limbs which I paid for to have a spare.
So yesterday turkey hunting while sitting calling I here a distinct doink and look down to see a long thick piece of the limb split from the rest. This is the new set not even on the bow for a year. So I go get the original set and put them on. Well as I'm cocking the bow crunch the limb splits right down the middle. What !!
Anybody want a 335 micro lemon that has already cost me 2 nice bucks, an antelope and a mule deer and now a turkey. I think I'm going back to the exomax which has killed just about everything I point it at and never failed me !
Yes I'm sure excaliber will send me new limbs to try and make this right as they are a good company but my confidence with this bow is shot too bad really as I like the feel of it just can't count on it !
Kinda like this web site now where you can't count on your post actually going through unless you do it 3 times lol
Yup i have had couple of the Micro's n Matrix limbs give up the ghost on me. I get mad n raise hob n send then send them in fer new ones. Yeah it bites!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Trade the guy for the 330 matrix .what's a couple inches in width gonna hurt. I hate non bullet proof guns n bows and fishing rods n reels you gotta have faith in your stuff.l had a .243 once that got light hits on the primer ....sent it back 3 times then missed a big buck because of a non fire. I smashed the living $hit outta it on the mountain ..stupid but it felt ohh so right in that moment.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Well when I get the new parts I will see how it goes hopefully be a good fix if not I guess I will shelve it and go with the exomax again. I definitely like the feel and size of this bow but always wondered what the trade off would be for size I was hoping nothing but we shall see I guess.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Timbrhuntr,

PM me your details and we'll look after it. Strange to have that many issues with one crossbow but I guess anything can happen. We are always looking at ways to make things better, I'm sure we can make your Micro reliable as there are thousands in the field that have never broke a limb.

Don't like to see posts like this but we'll make it right.

Peter
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 pm
l had a .243 once that got light hits on the primer ....sent it back 3 times then missed a big buck because of a non fire. I smashed the living $hit outta it on the mountain ..stupid but it felt ohh so right in that moment.
must have been quite the sight to see LBJ .....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 pm
Timbrhuntr,

PM me your details and we'll look after it. Strange to have that many issues with one crossbow but I guess anything can happen. We are always looking at ways to make things better, I'm sure we can make your Micro reliable as there are thousands in the field that have never broke a limb.

Peter
And that is that. File it under crap happens. :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

agingcrossbower wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 pm
Timbrhuntr,

Peter
And that is that. File it under crap happens. :wink:
:clap:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Timbrhuntr,

Peter

Ya have had nothing but trouble with this bow thanks for the offer but hopefully the parts they send me will end this lol
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

The man says that he will take care of you but yet you have to bad mouth him again. Say's a lot about you, sir.