Tact zone seems quite good! I’m impressed!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Montana Mark

Tact zone seems quite good! I’m impressed!

Post by Montana Mark »

I had some trouble with my Dead Zone scopes and was pleasantly surprised when Excalibur upgraded my RMA and sent me a Tact Zone! Just put it on and did a little shooting this evening as the light was fading. I was impressed with it! It seems quite good! It sights in and speed adjusts just like the dead zone but is much, much clearer. I’ve been using a Nikon bolt for a while and it seems about as clear (well,... almost). I’m not having any eye relief problems that others have described. Seems clear out to the edges but I’m not an optics connoisseur. I like the dot in the middle of the crosshair. I actually like the Excalibur scope reticle. Its a easier for me to see in low light. It has yardage typed onto it which I’d rather not have since I use a 30 yard zero. The lighted reticle is pretty cool but I probably will be conservative in using it. I am trying to hunt my neighborhood problem bear and I’m sure the lighted reticle will be very useful if I am aiming at the bear in low light. (BTW, haven’t seen any sign of the bear this spring.) I like that it is similar to the Dead Zone since both of my sons have them and if they grab my bow it will be the same (just tell them to ignore the typed yardages). Even though I love the Nikon, I’m going to shoot with the Tact Zone for a while. I think it is a very nice scope so far. Besides, it’s fun playing with new things and it will give me an excuse to do more shooting.
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)
LongCarbine

Re: Tact zone seems quite good! I’m impressed!

Post by LongCarbine »

I like mine.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I love my tac zone. I can see well past legal shooting time... :crazy:

I also upgraded to a more expensive Excalibur scope but the tac zone is more than I could ask for. Great scope
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Yes. I like the Tact Zone. It is everything I wanted the Dead Zone to be and more. Did some more shooting this evening and it is quite accurate. It is fairly bright at dusk, and I can see the chevron reticles fairly well even without using illumination.
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

I think the Tact Zone is very good! And, very accurate. With my 30 yard zero, the top of the thick post below the reticles is right at 80 yards. I just put 3 arrows into the bullseye (2” piece of tape) at 80 yards from a kneeling position. Thank you Excalibur (and Dawn)!
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Swapped back and forth between the Tact Zone and the Nikon this weekend. The Nikon is definitely clearer but I think I can be more accurate with the tact zone. (The tact zone is also pretty darn clear.) The tip of the chevron on the tact zone reticle allows me to be more precise than the circles on the Nikon. They’re both very nice scopes in my opinion. Swapping back and forth, neither changed poi.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

my first one wouldn't hold zero so Excal replaced it. love the new one
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

Question about the tact zone...my illumination doesn’t seem to be that bright even on max setting...my other scopes, prism sights are much brighter on red or green setting.
I might try changing the battery tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

i have only used the illumination feature on my twilight dlx 1 time while hunting and it was bright enough to be a distraction. with that as my only questionable light shooting experience, i think that if it's twilight i want my illumination pretty low and if it's not that dark, i will not use the illumination. so maybe the illumination on ur tact zone is actually pretty good? try some target shooting just before dark and judge from that.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

Goose52 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:37 am
i have only used the illumination feature on my twilight dlx 1 time while hunting and it was bright enough to be a distraction. with that as my only questionable light shooting experience, i think that if it's twilight i want my illumination pretty low and if it's not that dark, i will not use the illumination. so maybe the illumination on ur tact zone is actually pretty good? try some target shooting just before dark and judge from that.
Good points!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

mine works great on low light conditions
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

In general is the illumination not as bright as other scopes? Or I wonder if mine is defective.