Boltcutter B.A.T vs. regular Boltcutter broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Boltcutter B.A.T vs. regular Boltcutter broadheads

Post by ChrisK »

I have thought about trying some of the Boltcutters out in 150 grain but wondering if people who shot the two different models have really noticed any differences in accuracy from the two?
longbow joe

Re: Boltcutter B.A.T vs. regular Boltcutter broadheads

Post by longbow joe »

Honestly no. The boltcutter is a very accurate compact head and the regular version flys great . Just my opinion but indexing them is pointless.l really like the boltcutter but l personally prefer a wider "more blood the better head"
I like the xact cut with a 110 brass insert. Flys exactly like a field point no worries and a killer wide cut.
Last edited by longbow joe on Wed May 08, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I played around with BAT heads a few years ago. It does look cool to have everything lined up and pretty. But I recorded zero difference in accuracy
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Being a newbie with my first Excalibur I have only fired my field points about 20 times. I purchased the B.A.T. Broadheads. They were the same price at Cabela’s.ca. Next time maybe I’ll just get the regular Boltcutters. Oh so much to learn for a very soon to be 62 year old man!
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Thanks guys
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:06 am
Being a newbie with my first Excalibur I have only fired my field points about 20 times. I purchased the B.A.T. Broadheads. They were the same price at Cabela’s.ca. Next time maybe I’ll just get the regular Boltcutters. Oh so much to learn for a very soon to be 62 year old man!
in my limited experience with xbow deer kills, my BAT boltcutter kills were short tracking jobs with "ok" blood trails and the mechanical kills were longer recoveries with good blood trails. i have switched to QAD exodus to try to get the best of both worlds but haven't had a deer cooperate yet. either boltcutter will lethal on a deer no worries.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE