still stuck on my m405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

oldm405guy

still stuck on my m405

Post by oldm405guy »

hello guys and girls new to the forum.

I just finish doing a make over on my m405 acp trigger new limb first set ever since 2014 now what i need help with is with the scope i have dlx twilight
but it says up to 410 fps so its the old one ive use for one year hunting worked but wasnt very clear edge to edge.that year i both a hawke xb30 sr ir it as the circle in it work for years and i got used to the circle and busy optical but now would like something different
i know most peep use a hha optimizer but i really would just like a scope but i see there not much choices for scope this days.
is the new tac100 good,or just by hawke pro what ur though i have not seen any up close to clarity check .
Tks for the help in advance.
matrix mega 405
acp trigger
boo string
xb30 sr ir scope
gerald strine

Re: still stuck on my m405

Post by gerald strine »

I had one of the first Twilights and it was not clear on the edges ether but the twilights made today are much better in clarity and have the yardages marked at the aiming points.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
oldm405guy

Post by oldm405guy »

Tks for the respond twilight is An option but is it still chevron or did they switch?
matrix mega 405
acp trigger
boo string
xb30 sr ir scope
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

oldm405guy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:00 pm
Tks for the respond twilight is An option but is it still chevron or did they switch?
The new Twilight's have a dot for the 20 yard then the old chevron for 30 yr , 40 yr , 50 yr ect it is a really great scope in my opinion I was disappointed in the 1st generation because it was not clear to the edge but I am very pleased with the current offering it is a heavy scope though but I like the recital set up .
One thing the old Twilight did better than the new offerings was the top duplex recital ware it went from a double thickness to a single thickness was perfect for 10 yard shots and the new lay out is a single line recital leading to a dot aiming point from the top down it is not good for a 10 yard shot..
From the bottom up to the 20 yard dot is a duplex .
It is a Small thing but I liked having the 10 yard aiming with the old scope , I killed my biggest buck of 40 yrs using it thee Buck come from behind me and I had to wait until it was at 10 yards almost ready to pass me so my Equinox limbs would clear the tree trunk and had a perfect 10 yard shot.
I hope this info helps.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
oldm405guy

Post by oldm405guy »

gerald strine wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:32 pm
oldm405guy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:00 pm
The new Twilight's have a dot for the 20 yard then the old chevron for 30 yr , 40 yr , 50 yr ect it is a really great scope in my opinion I was disappointed in the 1st generation because it was not clear to the edge but I am very pleased with the current offering it is a heavy scope though but I like the recital set up .
One thing the old Twilight did better than the new offerings was the top duplex recital ware it went from a double thickness to a single thickness was perfect for 10 yard shots and the new lay out is a single line recital leading to a dot aiming point from the top down it is not good for a 10 yard shot..
From the bottom up to the 20 yard dot is a duplex .
It is a Small thing but I liked having the 10 yard aiming with the old scope , I killed my biggest buck of 40 yrs using it thee Buck come from behind me and I had to wait until it was at 10 yards almost ready to pass me so my Equinox limbs would clear the tree trunk and had a perfect 10 yard shot.
I hope this info helps.
Tks for the info i know the subject as been broth up lots but last one ive seen was like in 2016 and was like woundering peeps thought on it for 2019
but guess folks just basicly use what comes with there crossbow i see there not much choice this days for scope other then hawke
matrix mega 405
acp trigger
boo string
xb30 sr ir scope
janesy

Post by janesy »

The new Tac100 is the nicest factory offering yet. It's a great scope.
I use the Nikon Bolt
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
oldm405guy

Post by oldm405guy »

janesy wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:01 pm
The new Tac100 is the nicest factory offering yet. It's a great scope.
I use the Nikon Bolt
Tks for the reply, I did look at the Nikon but didn’t think
Work well with the m405 being calibrated at 350fps
I’ll drive down to the city check that tact100 out
matrix mega 405
acp trigger
boo string
xb30 sr ir scope
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Check out the Vortex Crossfire II with the V-Brite reticle in the 3-9x40... Clear glass that is not cluttered and with an iluminated red dot with different power settings... Not that expensive and mounted on an HHA speed dial would be fantastic on your 405...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
oldm405guy

Post by oldm405guy »

tks for the reply
matrix mega 405
acp trigger
boo string
xb30 sr ir scope