Nuisance Deer I’ll Be doing my part this Fall

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunter

Re: Nuisance Deer I’ll Be doing my part this Fall

Post by nchunter »

I had a problem this spring with deer eating my tulips at night. It looked like they actually deep-throated the entire flower and stem, and nipped it right off at the ground! I sprinkled the survivors with cayenne pepper, and they were never touched again!

Another thing that works is buy a bar of that obnoxious-smelling Irish Spring soap. Grate about a quarter of the bar into two gallons of hot water, using a wood rasp or old cheese grater. Spray it on your plants and the deer won’t touch it for a couple weeks. Of course you don’t want to spray lettuce, and stuff YOU want to eat...
janesy

Post by janesy »

nchunter wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm
I had a problem this spring with deer eating my tulips at night. It looked like they actually deep-throated the entire flower and stem, and nipped it right off at the ground! I sprinkled the survivors with cayenne pepper, and they were never touched again!

Another thing that works is buy a bar of that obnoxious-smelling Irish Spring soap. Grate about a quarter of the bar into two gallons of hot water, using a wood rasp or old cheese grater. Spray it on your plants and the deer won’t touch it for a couple weeks. Of course you don’t want to spray lettuce, and stuff YOU want to eat...
I used that Irish spring trick to store my car.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

nchunter wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm

What’s wrong with Irish spring soap? Is that why no woman have come near me (other than my wife)in the last 40 years? Geesh if I had known that I would have started using Irish spring soap before my wife tricked me lol.
snowhunter

Post by snowhunter »

Where do you find blunt rubber tips? I would like to try them to see if the deer in Washington and be educated. Thanks
Boo

Post by Boo »

snowhunter wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:39 pm
Where do you find blunt rubber tips? I would like to try them to see if the deer in Washington and be educated. Thanks
Cabela's, Amazon, Lancaster Archery, 3 Rivers Archer, Kuston King Archery etc
https://www.3riversarchery.com/3rivers-bunny-buster-small-game-blunts.html
Some people just like stepping on rakes