Exodus Lift II Trail Cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Exodus Lift II Trail Cam

Post by Stepnoutnb »

https://exodusoutdoorgear.com/collections/cameras/products/exodus-lift-ii-trail-camera

I've been looking at trail cams for several years. Like most electronics this old guy looks at, the more I look the more confused I get. I'm kind of anal when it comes to spending my hard earned money so I spend months and sometimes years researching and looking for the best balance of quality per dollar. Hey that's why I purchased an Excalibur.
So my trail cam search was just another exercise in confusion. Reading reviews looking at specks, reading complaints, looking at YouTube videos etc. I've read so many claims of great support, Miracle magical cameras, statistics too good to be true, and then came the complaints. No support, talking to people in call centers that obviously just reading from a scripted card. I've read of some company knowing of a fix for known issues solved by the community and passing those fixes on to the many frustrated customers. Sadly the customers having to learn fixes from the internet community.
No real support after the sales and on and on.
So here I am I've done a ton of research and have settled on the Exodus Lift II for my one and only trail cam. It is with USPS and I am looking forward to it's arrival. Once I have her all set up I'll likely have BooBoo the black lab pose for some shots and videos. Oh and yes all those does in my yard might get in on the action as well :eusa-popcorn: .
What are your thoughts good or bad on the Exodus Trail Cams or any models you would like to comment on?
Cheers
PS: the reason for all the posts today IT'S RAINING AGAIN, IT WON'T STOP RAINING! :eusa-doh:
flightattendant100

Re: Exodus Lift II Trail Cam

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well I don’t have any experience with that camera, but with trail cams in general. I’ve got several, and think having one would be like having one potato chip! You need six... or eight! Swap SD cards and it’s like Christmas looking to see what all you got. I am serious, it is a whole new sport. They are awesome scouting tool but are fun as well. You will love it and be hooked on it just like Excalibur bows!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Oh Man don't tell me that.........if my wife finds out I've started another crazy addiction she'll leave me! :roll:
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I don’t have any experience with the Exodus trail cams but I do put out a lot of them year round. I run 12 cameras where I hunt on public land. All in bear boxes and I can the boxes by glueing tree bark to the box on all sides except the back. I use a python lock, which u can find lots of 3 or more keyed the same on amazon. I used to get around 30,000 pictures a year with the camera set to take more than one photo. Now I do 1 picture every 5minutes. Took way too much time deleting them. It is addictive so I stay away from Walmart when they go on clearance.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

PublicLandHunter1 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:06 pm
I don’t have any experience with the Exodus trail cams but I do put out a lot of them year round. I run 12 cameras where I hunt on public land. All in bear boxes and I can the boxes by glueing tree bark to the box on all sides except the back. I use a python lock, which u can find lots of 3 or more keyed the same on amazon. I used to get around 30,000 pictures a year with the camera set to take more than one photo. Now I do 1 picture every 5minutes. Took way too much time deleting them. It is addictive so I stay away from Walmart when they go on clearance.
Yes this crossbow thing has just got as many tentacles as any addiction. It was just got be a crossbow now targets, extra bolts, lighted bolts, broadheads, and now trail cams. when will it end?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm
Yes this crossbow thing has just got as many tentacles as any addiction. It was just got be a crossbow now targets, extra bolts, lighted bolts, broadheads, and now trail cams. when will it end?
Save some money for you Taxidermist. :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I have been looking at the Exodus for my next camera. It will be sooner than later, since I had a camera stolen recently :evil:
It really had to be a neighbor where I live and I even think I know probably who but any way.
I tried to text Exodus with a question but never heard back. I wanted to know if there was an external battery port. So I would like a definitive answer on that. The camera I lost had an ammo can with a large 6v in it. So it would last for months shooting 100-200 videos a week. I run video on all my cameras. I have been running Brownings for the most part and they have sound also. One of my cheaper Brownings died after about a year. That would be ok on a really cheap camera but I find that unacceptable for a camera that I spent $150 on. They imply they will support you with a warranty and such but I haven't found that to be the case. You have to pay to ship and then they let you know if they will fix and if they will charge you. Starts to not make sense to fix a camera, when the repair bill is half the cost of a new one.
One thing I like about the Exodus is the warranty. Five years if I remember correctly. I figure, if it makes it 5 years that's great and should go even longer
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Patcon wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:41 pm
I have been looking at the Exodus for my next camera. It will be sooner than later, since I had a camera stolen recently :evil:
It really had to be a neighbor where I live and I even think I know probably who but any way.
I tried to text Exodus with a question but never heard back. I wanted to know if there was an external battery port. So I would like a definitive answer on that. The camera I lost had an ammo can with a large 6v in it. So it would last for months shooting 100-200 videos a week. I run video on all my cameras. I have been running Brownings for the most part and they have sound also. One of my cheaper Brownings died after about a year. That would be ok on a really cheap camera but I find that unacceptable for a camera that I spent $150 on. They imply they will support you with a warranty and such but I haven't found that to be the case. You have to pay to ship and then they let you know if they will fix and if they will charge you. Starts to not make sense to fix a camera, when the repair bill is half the cost of a new one.
One thing I like about the Exodus is the warranty. Five years if I remember correctly. I figure, if it makes it 5 years that's great and should go even longer
Exodus just had a sale, the code was on their Facebook page. It was in celebration of their 4 year anniversary
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm
PublicLandHunter1 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:06 pm

😁😁😁 You are just getting started! But.... it’s a fun ride! Don’t forget a trip to Boofest to meet all these other addicts.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Years ago when the cams sucked and the support was really bad I got into the homebrew cams and made my own man talk about an addiction ! You used to be able to pic up used digitals on ebay for 10 bucks and convert them but then as more got into it the old cams got to be too expensive and hard to get as multiple guys would try to out bid each other.Now with the mainstream companies trying to keep up with the homebrew guys and some of them selling out the regular cams have come a long way. I usaually pic up the cheapest cam I can when on sale and if they last a couple years then bonus. I have a buddy that is an outfitter in Kentucky and he swears by the Brownings but I've never used one.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Code is "year4" good until tomorrow 5/28
25% off
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Bought the security setup, since I recently lost my best camera.
Was actually cheaper using the discount with shipping than the bare camera
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I research some stuff too much I think, but it's fun. I settled for a Cuddeback about 5 years ago and was real pleased with it. Unfortunately so was the jerk who BORROWED it from the woods. Swore not to overspend on another, I have went the cheaper route and have 3 now, and they work fine for what I do. I do miss the faster trigger speed tho.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster