Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stump

Under the heading of "what will they think of next"

Post by stump »

BOB VANDRISH

GUM O FLAGE

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Have you ever heard the expression "don't eat that stuff Elmer,that's horseshit!
I went through the whole nine yards,with all the odour free soaps for clothes,personal hygiene,hair,and used odour free deodorant,AND even included this gum,and guess what?
They can still pick you off at 100 yards,when you are on the ground and the wind is towards them!
I figure it would take a 100 foot tree stand to dissipate your scent so they cannot smell you!!
Happened to me twice on two separate days,and wherever the wind went,so did my scent!
Ching.
Bob Vandrish.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

PT Barnum was right and it seems a bunch of them hunt :o). They don't (just) smell your breath. They smell a lot of things about you, including dead skin cells which slough off at an amazing rate and travel a very long way. That's how the bloodhound I witnessed followed a car for over half a mile (an hour after it had passed) making 4 correct turns. I've also seen a film of a man walk across a field zigzagging and the field was then burned. The next AM the dog followed the trail exactly. Deer are even better at it than dogs as they are much more in tune to scents for a couple reasons. One is that they survive with their nose and are much more alert. They also use their smell ability more since their eyesight is not as good as a dogs. Dogs on the other hand, are domesticated and man is not their natural enemy. It would be hard to have a contest bnetween a deer & a dog, but I would sure put my $ on the deer. Camo-gum??? Wanna bet he sells a bunch of the stuff??? :?
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Why gum? Why not mouth wash? Dab a little deer urine on your boots, etc., and gargle too.

:D :D :D

I too am a skeptic of the charcoal clothes and cover scent club.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
BOB VANDRISH

GUM O FLAGE

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

You are absolutely right about a sucker being born every minute!
Just think,at $3.95 US for a pack of ten sticks of gum,this guy will be a millionaire before we know it!
I think that some simple little back pack helicopter would just about make it even for us poor hunters,but that would take all the fun out of it!!
Thanks for confirming what I had thought about human scents,and how they travel.
Doe urine for a mouthwash,and a bath in skunk oil ought to do it!!LOL!!
(lots of laughs)
Let's go get em guys!
Ching.
Bob Vandrish.