Replacing a trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Replacing a trigger

Post by Reinyrooster »

So I am not real excited about the two stage trigger that is in my new Micro 335. I have never gone through changing out a trigger so I have some questions.
1-is Trigger Tech the only alternative? If not, what else is out there?
2-does anyone ever sell a used or refurbed Trigger Tech?

This is new to me so looking for input from those who have been through this experience.
Thanks
drywallerdave1

Re: Replacing a trigger

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I installed a Excalibur pro shot trigger in my bulldog 400. It’s adjustable from single to two stage. I shoot it in single. Starts to break as soon as I squeeze. Best trigger I have ever shot in a xbow. Highly recommend
janesy

Post by janesy »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:55 pm
So I am not real excited about the two stage trigger that is in my new Micro 335. I have never gone through changing out a trigger so I have some questions.
1-is Trigger Tech the only alternative? If not, what else is out there?
2-does anyone ever sell a used or refurbed Trigger Tech?

This is new to me so looking for input from those who have been through this experience.
Thanks
Your trigger is not a two stage. Perhaps you should talk to Excal, what you are experiencing is Creep. They may be able to swap a new one, or rework yours for you. However, it will still have creep to some degree.

Without a doubt the new ACP trigger from excal is the best trigger available. If you down want to spend $230, then talk to BOO, he can make your factory trigger quite nice
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

"Two stage "yep. Had a few factory triggers feel like that lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I called it two stage as it seems to be two seperate pulls required...the first pull gets me back to a soft wall and then a second pull gets the shot away.
Guess I'll have to chat with Boo.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Never tried one of Boo's (yet).
But I certainly do LOVE my Trigger Tech Triggers!
And yep, they are one of the main ingredients that allow me to shoot accurately out to 100 yards.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

A 2 stage has take up or light travel before hitting a 2nd stage and then braking. A 2 stage is just plain more safe which is why many past military triggers were 2 stage. If given a choice, I'll take a light 2 stage over a light single stage. Think about it, a 2 ounce trigger in a single stage vs a trigger with a 2 ounce second stage. Its like the idea behind a double or single set trigger o me.
Some people just like stepping on rakes