Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
CT.HNTR
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm
Location: Connecticut

Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by CT.HNTR » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 am

I have been using a Rinehart target for broadheads with good success but with my Bulldog 400 I can just barely remove the bolts. Now that I will be shooting a Bulldog 440 I am concerned I will not be able to remove the bolts. Is there a different broadhead target that will allow easier bolt removal that is recommended?
Matrix Bulldog 440
Matrix Bulldog 400
BOO Custom Strings
Nikon Bolt XR
18 Inch Spynal Tapp Bolts with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical

rattlerun
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by rattlerun » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:24 am

The “Blob”

drywallerdave1
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by drywallerdave1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:52 pm

I have a blob also. It stops your broadhead sure enough. It can be a little tough pulling your blot out. I use a rubber grip arrow puller to assist.

paulaboutform
Posts: 4954
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by paulaboutform » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm

The Blob is a great target but a nightmare for arrow removal. Stick with rhinehart and get a Danny Miller plier puller and Woody's arrow lube and you'll be set.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by janesy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:49 pm

paulaboutform wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm
The Blob is a great target but a nightmare for arrow removal. Stick with rhinehart and get a Danny Miller plier puller and Woody's arrow lube and you'll be set.

Paul
^^ that.^^

Night and day
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by janesy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:49 pm

And acetone to take the arrow labels off so they don't "weld" into the target
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by janesy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:50 pm

And acetone to take the arrow labels off so they don't "weld" into the target
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

hankenhunter
Posts: 2960
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Thompson/Nicola, British Colombia

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by hankenhunter » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:07 pm

janesy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:50 pm
And acetone to take the arrow labels off so they don't "weld" into the target
This! Removing the arrow graphics made removal at least fifty percent easier for me. Followed by a little arrow lube at the front of the arrow ended the daily tug o war.
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

drywallerdave1
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by drywallerdave1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Acetone??? Takes off the labeling??? Hah might try that

hankenhunter
Posts: 2960
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Thompson/Nicola, British Colombia

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by hankenhunter » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:11 pm

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:09 pm
Acetone??? Takes off the labeling??? Hah might try that
A dish scrubber with acetone makes quick short work of painted graphics.
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

User avatar
robertyb
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by robertyb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:35 am

You can always spray some lubricant on your arrows and they will pull easier or even use soap on them. The blob is hard at first to pull arrows from but after being worn in it becomes fairly easy. It is the best broadhead target on the market IMO but I do not own one. My brother had one of the original large ones and we shot it for around 30 years or so. 10s of thousands of arrows went into that target I am sure but it was BIG and took two of us to move it. Mr brother cut it in half one day with a chainsaw and now the grandkids shoot arrows into it using field points and pull them easily and I am talking about 8 and 9 year olds.
Wildlife Population Control Specialist

drywallerdave1
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by drywallerdave1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 pm

I have owned my blob for three years. It still stops the broadheads cold. You are right at first it’s a bitch to pull your arrows. But after breaking in it’s not hard. Also it lasts forever. Mine will last easily 10 years. Well worth the money!!!

robertyb wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:35 am
You can always spray some lubricant on your arrows and they will pull easier or even use soap on them. The blob is hard at first to pull arrows from but after being worn in it becomes fairly easy. It is the best broadhead target on the market IMO but I do not own one. My brother had one of the original large ones and we shot it for around 30 years or so. 10s of thousands of arrows went into that target I am sure but it was BIG and took two of us to move it. Mr brother cut it in half one day with a chainsaw and now the grandkids shoot arrows into it using field points and pull them easily and I am talking about 8 and 9 year olds.

76chevy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by 76chevy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 am

Best is Spyderweb...

https://spyderwebtargets.net/

Second Best I think is the Bull dog target

https://bulldogtargets.com/

76chevy
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Best Broadhead Target For Bolt Removal?

Post by 76chevy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 am

sorry!

Just saw you needed broadhead target...neither of those are made for broadheads

Post Reply