Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Limbs

Post by Turtleman »

I know this has been brought up before but am looking to buy an extra set of limbs for micro. Any suggestions from the guys on here from where to purchase? I called Danny Miller and I have to say was nice enough but so opinionated it was difficult to just make a simple purchase. While I appreciate advice and especially experience he was actually trying to talk me out of my purchase. Like I say any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
janesy

Re: Limbs

Post by janesy »

Excalibur.

Or post a wanted ad in the trading post
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Just speaking for myself, I am looking forward to purchasing something from Danny Miller again just for the chance to talk to him again. He is very knowlegeable and a hoot to talk to. When I dryfired my bow 2 weeks after getting it, Dawn at Excalibur was very helpful to send me new limbs. I bought some extras including anti-dry fire, REDS, air brakes. She sent me the wrong REDS (Sappire has a swept back riser and uses micro REDS). No biggy but when I called Dawn, she gave me a hard time and said they didn’t (BTW, I still like Dawn). I knew I had the wrong REDS but I came up with a better idea. I decided to get a regular (forward swept) matrix riser but Dawn gave me a hard time again. I called Danny Miller and he was very fun to talk to and sold me a whole new matrix front end without (hardly any) backtalk. Now I have 2 risers, 2 sets of limbs and my bow shoots 20 FPS faster. Danny is great (and so is Dawn).
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)
janesy

Post by janesy »

Excalibur makes it pretty clear they are not in the business of selling parts. However, they do often sell off their "blemish" limbs at a reasonable price. They are typically used or colours don't match, but are fully functional. I've personally never recieved a set of blend that didn't look pretty much perfect.
If a vendor decided to sell of components from bows or used parts, altho probably frowned upon from corporate, it's definately their perogative to do so or not.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I sure do appreciate all the info. I knew I wasn’t the only one that had wanted another set of limbs. Lol
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!