Whitetail Specials and 330 Bulldog

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Whitetail Specials and 330 Bulldog

Post by ChrisK »

On my last set of days off I resighted my scope with 100 grain Grim Reaper practice head. I didn’t need to move it much. I then shot two broadheads which were Grim Reaper Whitetail Specials with the razor tocar tips into my target at 20-30 yards. I did this about 6 shots (3 shots per broadhead). I had no banding or oring on the heads. I wanted to see if they would open prematurely or not. None of them opened prematurely. Had been nervous about using them. I was told the newer models with the greenish hue to them shouldn’t but depending on my draw weight the older ones might. Anyone else try this out to know for fact if they would or not?
drywallerdave1

Re: Whitetail Specials and 330 Bulldog

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I shoot grim reaper 125 g before. The practice broadhead and real broadhead shot nothing alike. I was all over the place...They didn’t like my old Barnett.... gave them to my cousin to play with. Now using swat xmags. They shoot exactly like my field points. I also shoot a bulldog 400 now. Just my experience with grim reapers. Yours might be different
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

They did great out to 30 yards. I will play around again at long distances in a day or two.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Checked out the website for the broadheads you said that you used. Those are impressive
janesy

Post by janesy »

Chatting with the SWAT dealer for Canada last week, he had couple new samples. Some very cool options coming from SWAT this year. What caught my attention the most was the interesting blade design that in my opinion will cause major trauma on a hit critter
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I hate to talk bad about one manufacturers broadheads. Sometimes it seems a certain broadhead just flies better with a different set up. Grim reapers might fly great with someone else’s rig. I just know that swat xmags fly identical to my field points. And the design looks very impressive. I can’t wait to see what they do to a deer this fall ..
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am
I hate to talk bad about one manufacturers broadheads. Sometimes it seems a certain broadhead just flies better with a different set up. Grim reapers might fly great with someone else’s rig. I just know that swat xmags fly identical to my field points. And the design looks very impressive. I can’t wait to see what they do to a deer this fall ..
I agree swat X mags are awesome. I need to restock my supply for this fall! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I agree I need to buy three more before the season.... can’t wait!!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I agree on the SWAT line of tough mechanical broadheads with quality blades made and assembled in the USA.

NOTE:
If any forum members in Canada wishes more info on these you may PM me. I carry the SWAT X Mag and soon the newest 2019 Hybrid and Vector.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 pm
I agree on the SWAT line of tough mechanical broadheads with quality blades made and assembled in the USA.

NOTE:
If any forum members in Canada wishes more info on these you may PM me. I carry the SWAT X Mag and soon the newest 2019 Hybrid and Vector.
I'm impressed with the vector, those blade look like pure destruction lol. And the hybrid offers some serious accuracy in fast bows. Not to mention you can walk in with it closed for safety, and the ability to shoot it closed. Then open it up to shoot it like a fixed head once in the stands. Very cool!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme