I got lucky today!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

I got lucky today!

Post by Riflemanz »

I went out to my hunting land to bring out a stand and I drive out onto the farm field and sink my tires into the muck. I didn’t think it was that wet. My tires just spin like there on grease. So now I start putting branches under the wheels but it doesn’t work. So I give up before i bury it to the axles. I call a towing company but their super busy and he says $200 to winch me out. I then walk out to the main road and there’s a 4x4 with a guy just sitting there so I ask him if he can help me get unstuck and he says yes but he’ll go home for 3 tow straps first. About 20 minutes go by and here he drives down to my truck about 20yds away. We hook up the straps and he pulls me right out. I then try to give him $36 which is all I had on me but he refused any money, I asked for his address to send him a check and he doesn’t want it. He tells me to help the next person who needs help. What a super nice guy. This restores my faith in mankind! I told him I’d pray for him.
I was really lucky!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
rmb721

Re: I got lucky today!

Post by rmb721 »

That is called "Pay it forward"
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Sounds like a born, and bred guy from Missouri, :lol: :thumbup:

Dave :clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think it was just a guy that noticed how genuine you are Steve, and figured you would help him out of a puckersnatch if he asked. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

That is just how things are supposed to work but yes you got lucky.
A few years ago just before thanksgiving we had a freezing rain black ice storm and I slid of into a steep ditch and the car was fine but stuck on a sharp angle well i have towing through my insurance but when I called they said they had a 2 hour wait as of their were accidents every ware I had no choice but to wait it out in my hunting rain gear I had in the car but I could not stay in the car as the angle the car was sitting made it impossible so i was sitting on a log in freezing rain waiting for a tow when a truck pull up and offers to help and said ill be back 15 min latter her comes a farm tractor with chains and he gets me out in no time i offered him cash and he refused. i had seen ware the guy lived so the next day i took the turkey my work had given me and some cash for the side dishes and said thank you Thanksgiving is on me saved me a hour and a half wait in freezing rain,hey if you are hunting it is one thin but when you just want to get home and cook dinner it is another.
always a great thing when you can help out some one in a jam.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Wow not many people like that anymore. Guardian Angel?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

up until last year I worked out of state and came home on weekends. there is a friend of my wife and mine that is living there and never married. very independent. one day she texted me to see if I was in town, and said her mower wasn't working. i went to help her and we resolved it. I also fixed her furnace once and she wanted to pay me both times. I told her a lot of people have helped me get by in life and she just needs to help someone sometime. A few weeks ago I was getting coffee at Mc Donalds and the person ahead of me paid for mine. I thought that was neat altho I would have liked to have said thanks.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

ihunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 pm
i think there are a lot of people like that but if you watch tv you get a skewed view of what "normal" behavior is.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Goose52 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am
ihunt wrote:
i think there are a lot of people like that but if you watch tv you get a skewed view of what "normal" behavior is.
Yeah you’re right about that
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
grouse

Post by grouse »

papa bear1 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Sounds like a born, and bred guy from Missouri, :lol: :thumbup:

Dave :clap:
X2
axiom
350 SE
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Goose52 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am
ihunt wrote:
I agree I do alot of travelling in the spring and fall hunting. I have been helped and helped out others several times in fact got a great ranch to hunt when I stopped to help a guy stuck and turned out to own a big ranch and when I told him i was hunting he said lots of game and your welcome to come out and hunt !
Boo

Post by Boo »

There are lots of decent people out there but sometimes it seems they are difficult to find.
One year were were hunting in Wyoming and we had an incident that left an ATV tire deflated and loose on the rim. We pushed it where the trail, road and railway tracks met and went off hunting on foot. Whe we came back the beast was still there and intact BUT, someone fixed the tire!! We stood there dumbfounded, looking around and scratching out heads! To this day, we never found out who that example of humanity was. What an awesome day!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I was outside today trimming my yard when my neighbor came home and said he needed to cut his grass but he said he just came from the Dr.s office and was wearing a heart monitor for the weekend and no strenuous exercise. He went into his house so I got my mower out and cut his grass for him.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Steve, my neighbor got my snow all winter long without me ever seeing him do it. There really are some nice folks out there! Good for you to pay it forward! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Dan, you have a great neighbor there!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String