Excalibur Hunting show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Excalibur Hunting show

Post by Reinyrooster »

What happened to the Exacalibur hunting show on WILD TV? Can't find it anymore.
Can someone tell me when it's on?
georgiaboy

Re: Excalibur Hunting show

Post by georgiaboy »

The last three times I’ve watched Hunting the Backwoods they have used shotguns once and rifles twice. If I want to watch gun hunts I can watch the other crap and see 23 minutes of product endorsements and five minutes of hunting.
Why waste my time to watch a crossbow hunting show just to see gun hunts.
I’m done with it. :thumbdown:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

X2 loved the old ones with Dan...etc. makes you want to go and put stickers all over your crossbow like it's a nascar. Tired of the shooting from "elevated houses" too. I need a realistic show that shows a hunter parking down a road and putting a white rag his window like hes broken down and dropping a nice eight pointer in the backyard of a soccer moms house and stealthily dragging it out as dogs bark maneuvering almost as good as a trained navy seal getting it out. Now that's realistic hunting to me.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

There is no totally crossbow hunting show. Hunting the backwoods it depends on where they are hunting as to what they use this weeks show that is airing they are in Africa hunting with Excalibur crossbows . There was a show along time ago that was just crossbow hunting it did not last long if I remember it lasted about 6 weeks .
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

georgiaboy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 pm
The last three times I’ve watched Hunting the Backwoods they have used shotguns once and rifles twice. If I want to watch gun hunts I can watch the other crap and see 23 minutes of product endorsements and five minutes of hunting.
Why waste my time to watch a crossbow hunting show just to see gun hunts.
I’m done with it. :thumbdown:
We have a channel in Canada called Wild TV! I got so feet up with the advertisements I stopped subscribing. I found most 30 minute hunting shows are 9-12 minutes with the rest advertising. And what makes it worse the actual 9-12 minutes of the show are plugged with advertisements.
I now only watch hunting and fishing on YouTube and yes now YouTube are flinging the adds out there as well :eusa-violin:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I pretty much only watch Meat Eater. No ads. Shows the misses, and hits are from shooter perspective.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I quit watching tv when all the documentaries turned into really stupid reality shows. Hunting shows turned into product showcases with very little actual hunting. Like mentioned above, utube is much better for hunting and fishing.
Hank
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 pm
I pretty much only watch Meat Eater. No ads. Shows the misses, and hits are from shooter perspective.
Meateater rocks!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Sad to say the ads are what pays for the shows and channel . Mostly the channel as the shows have sponsors .
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

I used to record the shows and then fast forward the commercials, but between dan making political comments and fewer shows shooting xbows, i have stopped doing it.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I've never seen the Excalibur show and have only seen any hunting TV a few times. My Dad showed us a video of a show he had in the early '90's called "Gun Dogs Unlimited". It was on Outdoors Channel and won some kind of moose award. The show had a couple of pieces. They always did a shooting tip, a dog training tip, a safety tip and something to do with travel either with guns, dogs, game or something. It ran 3-seasons and then the people that put it on TV told my Dad they wanted more drama. They said it was too instructional and that they should shoot more birds and get all excited about it. My Dad said he was going to keep it real so they cancelled the show. So there is very little reality in the "reality (hunting) shows". Do what the channel wants or lose your time.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I love the Hunting the Backwoods guys... I look forward to their return on the Sportsman Channel each year.

If you love Excalibur Crossbows I don't how you don't like this show!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I liked that show but like all others they get some fame and then they sell themselves to the advertises or start selling their own hunts kinda like Dean Partridge and Canadian Whitetail .
Only thing I watch is some of the hunting youtube video channels like the hunting public, Untamed to name a few ! Sure every nitwit with a camera can post on there but some are actually very good at showing real hunting.
I used to like the meateater but he seems to be selling out to the mainstream public a bit too much even some of his new investers are a bit suspect. The other day I watched as he raved about the seafood he caught and was eating but then he didn't shoot a beat he was after saying he just wasn't feeling it and went on and on about the aboriginals and maturing as a hunter blah blah blah etc etc and I wanted to puke LOL