Deer hunting out of state - where to go?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Savage

Re: Deer hunting out of state - where to go?

Post by Ontario Savage »

janesy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm
The "one and done" rule currently in the majority of Ontario is definitely helping to drive outside business
Its definitely not helping that's for sure
Ah well..to be honest its helping push me out of my comfort zone and now I'm looking at travelling to hunt so that one buck tag in Ontario may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for me...
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Ontario Savage wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm
janesy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm
The "one and done" rule currently in the majority of Ontario is definitely helping to drive outside business
Its definitely not helping that's for sure
Ah well..to be honest its helping push me out of my comfort zone and now I'm looking at travelling to hunt so that one buck tag in Ontario may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for me...
82a (+/- 2 hours from the GTA) has had extras almost every year since they started offering them. It also has >20,000 acres of free public that other than the open rifle in early November sees almost no pressure. I have filled 2 or 3 tags every year except for the once they did not offer additionals.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I hunt forestry land in Missouri. Lots of it available; but Iowa would be a great choice as well. For me I see an elk hunt in Kentucky in the future. Unfortunately it is by drawing for out of state hunters.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain