Make a Wish hunt.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Make a Wish hunt.....

Post by XB I GO »

I am excited to say that we are hosting a family for a hunt next week. One of the boys is a year older than me and he has CF. He has a few "wishes", and one was to play baseball with Derek Jeter. He was put on the team for one game and was able to pitch, catch, bat and play outfield. He got his own uniform with his name on it. He also wants to go fishing and catch a big fish and go hunting and get a cool animal. His family doesn't fish or hunt so I don't know where he got that interest. I also don't know how we can top the whole baseball team thing with famous people and a real game. Anyway he is coming with his sister that is 13 and brother that is 12 and parents. We are going to take them salt-water fishing one day, fresh water fishing another day and hunting for whatever we can find that is open season on the ranch. What is really cool is that when we asked if Jordan knew how to shoot he said no he never even held a gun but he really wanted to use a crossbow anyway! I'm going to be his guide while my brother takes the rest of his family sight seeing on the ranch on the UTV. I hope we send him home with a lot of pictures and maybe a skull and horns to hang on the wall! I'm glad my Dad does this kind of stuff for people.
flightattendant100

Re: Make a Wish hunt.....

Post by flightattendant100 »

Good on you and your Dad, XB. That family is in good hands and will have a great time. Is a wonderful thing that y’all are doing.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

This a great thing you are doing .Make a wish does not grant hunting trips the last time I knew due to the Anti pressure . There are two organizations that do hunts for kids with medical or physical disabilities they are Hunt of a life time and the Outdoor Dream Foundation You should look them up and see if there is any way you could help them by doing what ever . I am really thinking about the Outdoor Dream Foundation .
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

It is a cool thing your family is doing, bless you.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.