Did something that might be dumb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Did something that might be dumb

Post by ChrisK »

I had a few times where my scope rings came loose from the rail and my scope well I just don’t know if I like it. I had a scope that was originally on another rifle that I don’t own anymore. I put the scope and rings on my Bulldog 330. This scope has mildots and half mil indicators. I sighted in at 20 and first mildot hits very close at 30. I haven’t tested past this distance yet. The scope is brighter but I don’t know if the quality is any better though? The scope is a Nikko Sterling 4-14x44 that came with a Howa I owned.
longbow joe

Re: Did something that might be dumb

Post by longbow joe »

I cant verify that the rifle scope will be on at any given power but if you get the new Nikon p3 crossbow scope and l can guarantee the chevrons will be on for that bow.
For 159.00 and a new set of rings it's a bargain and a whole lot smaller than the scope you have on .l love the one l got at Christmas.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

No doubt that scope will be smaller. Got to shoot to 40 earlier. Crosshair:20 yards
1 Milldot down:30
2.5 mildot down:40
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I changed my rings out and put the old scope back on. I was doing pretty good even out to 60 yards. I think this why I kept losing my zero. I know it was partially to blame cause I have had to tighten them to the rail several times. Using Nikon low rings now.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I actually think excalibur sells a decent and better scope than most other companies. I'm sure they just try to keep the price in order with the best rings China makes.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.