Mad at Michigan DNR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Mad at Michigan DNR

Post by gerald strine »

Michigan has a point system for bear licenses every year you apply you get a point of course you have to pay a fee to apply.
Well years ago if you had five points in my area you got a license well the year I got my five points they uped it to 6 points, the year I got 6 points it was uped to 7 points well I now have 9 points and guess what you need 10 points this is ridicules they take my money every year and then pull the rug out from under me. :twisted:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Deaf jeff

Re: Mad at Michigan DNR

Post by Deaf jeff »

gerald,
it all depends on which unit you apply for and how many applications, how many permits are available there are for that unit, i finally got my tag this year with 11 points.(red oak unit) my nephew got a permit for red oak 3 years ago and he had 10, my brother got one about 8 years ago for same unit and he also had 10. upper peninsula units are alot easier to draw cuz of more tags and less applicants i knew a guy in the western upper that drew on his first try! im up to 17 with the elk drawing but unlike bear where an applicant is guaranteed a tag eventually as long as you continue to apply, elk is not the same and its still by luck of the draw for those wapiti
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hi Jeff
Red Oak is the area i have property to hunt on so that is ware Iapply for, I thought 10 points got you a license in Red Oak but you say it is 11 points :crazy:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Count your blessings!
Here in BC, every year is a new entry into the bloody lottery system.
No points to build.
A crap shoot each and every time. :wtf:
I haven't drawn in a few years now for anything.
And have well over 20 years into the elk that live on our Island. - Hope to get one of those before I wander on!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm
Hi Jeff
Red Oak is the area i have property to hunt on so that is ware Iapply for, I thought 10 points got you a license in Red Oak but you say it is 11 points :crazy:
gerald,
for me it was 11 but i might have been the only person with that many,
ill try to explain another way..... say there is 10 tags available, one person has 10 pts so gets first tag and each tag will go to the next highest points til the tags run out so theoretically a person with one point could get the last tag. another way to look at it if there are 20 people with 10 points then those 10 tags are gone so 10 of those people will have 11 points next year and will get the first tags available. sorry im sure im confusing you, heck im starting to confuse myself :lol: :lol:
a person can acquire a point each year by declining the opportunity to be in the drawing for a tag(say for health reason for example) and the do the same for several years then health improves to be able to hunt so they get in the drawing for a tag rather then just a "point but they could have acquired 15 points(or more) before they get into the draw

it took me years to understand this confusion and there is still parts of it that confuses me still. typical MDNR confusion like the hunting digest er ("encyclopedia") but you will draw a tag eventually. we just have to keep putting in our time like those who are in front of us ill start over next year buying points and in 8-10 years ill start getting into the draw.i'll be trying my luck in otsego county
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:17 pm
Michigan has a point system for bear licenses every year you apply you get a point of course you have to pay a fee to apply.
Well years ago if you had five points in my area you got a license well the year I got my five points they uped it to 6 points, the year I got 6 points it was uped to 7 points well I now have 9 points and guess what you need 10 points this is ridicules they take my money every year and then pull the rug out from under me. :twisted:
....at least you have bear hunting.....The People's Republic of New Jersey pretty much did away with it last year....the tree huggers are now in office.

Anthony :twisted:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings