CR 2032 battery drain in X bow scopes.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

adam6521

CR 2032 battery drain in X bow scopes.

Post by adam6521 »

Has anyone had issues with 2032 batters draining even when your scope is turned off? I even put it in backwards and barely screwed the cap on and it still drained. All in less than a month.
:eusa-deadhorse:
Excalibur Matrix Bulldog 380 with Excalibur Twilight DLX Scope
Diablo Bolts, Excalibur Boltcutter 150 grain.
bigbowman

Re: CR 2032 battery drain in X bow scopes.

Post by bigbowman »

No never had that problem. Must of been a bad bunch of batteries?
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Nope. Two years on one battery and still going strong. Try a different retailer for a battery. If it still drains fast, send it back for warranty.
Hank
artifact

Post by artifact »

Agree, either the battery was defective or the scope is. I have several types of scopes that use them, and never had a battery that lasted less than a month, usually they last years as already stated.
I only turn the lighted reticle on when needed on the scopes, by keeping it on all the time while hunting and then turning it off would drastically reduce battery life.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I report long life with Duracell and Energizer 2032's.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I have a 6 year old Hawke scope and it still runs fine with the original CR2032. I don't ever use the light and took it out of my other scope so I wouldn't forget about it and have it leak and ruin the scope. Never found the lighted reticle useful for deer during legal shooting hours, maybe for black animals like bear or boar it would be important...
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Use the lighted reticles all the time. Prefer the blue over the red, on low settings.
Have provided many a fine buck and bear.

I swap out the batteries each fall. Likely not necessary, but something I do.
Had one on an older bow that lasted 3 years.
And I always carry a couple of spares.

As the others noted, you either had a bad batch of batteries, or the scope is pooched.
Try a new set and that should indicate which way to go...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Normous

Post by Normous »

I might add, that I secure a spare battery in a 1" x 1" mini zip lock then tape it using a small piece of black Duct Tape to the non cheek side of my stock, in case it is needed in the field.
Simply called preparedness.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

A few months ago I left the illumination on for a full day on my new scope by accident. When I got it out to shoot the next day I noticed it was still illuminated. I'm not sure how long the battery will last, but mine has been illuminated for at least 26 hours and is still kicking. I'll probably put in a new battery before the season, but it is good to know that if I leave it on it won't be dead in a few hours.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have never had an issue with any bein drained
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

vixenmaster wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 am
Nor have I.
When I used Hawke scopes, and still use the TR530IL on a B/U cbow, I found illumination virtually worthless as they were too bright in low light conditions.
Only when I eventually used higher level scopes starting with WCE scopes, then L VXR, and eventually Zeiss Duralyts, I found the true advantages of lighted reticles. When the dot can be dimmed to where it’s barely perceptible, it can become invaluable right at dark. And, “right at dark” is a special time!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

SEW wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am
vixenmaster wrote:
Nor have I.
When I used Hawke scopes, and still use the TR530IL on a B/U cbow, I found illumination virtually worthless as they were too bright in low light conditions.
Only when I eventually used higher level scopes starting with WCE scopes, then L VXR, and eventually Zeiss Duralyts, I found the true advantages of lighted reticles. When the dot can be dimmed to where it’s barely perceptible, it can become invaluable right at dark. And, “right at dark” is a special time!
SEW which Hawkes? I find the SR-Pro with infinite adjustment just right at dusk when I turn it on to the minimum possible setting.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

The Hawke XB 30 Compact I run has excellent lighting for my eyes.
On the lowest or second lowest setting (again, prefer the BLUE) it is pretty much perfect - for me.
And as noted, has been the regret of many a buck & boar.
Higher settings, not so much.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

IronNoggin wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm
The Hawke XB 30 Compact I run has excellent lighting for my eyes.
On the lowest or second lowest setting (again, prefer the BLUE) it is pretty much perfect - for me.
And as noted, has been the regret of many a buck & boar.
Higher settings, not so much.

Cheers,
Nog
I wish the SR Pro had 2 colors. Red is the only option, but I like it for black pigs, and black bears at any time of day, and then at low light too. The old XB1 I had had RED/GREEN but wasn't infinitely adjustable . I like the adjust-ability on the Pro far better.

It's getting to be that time isn't it?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
SEW

Post by SEW »

nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am
SEW wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am
vixenmaster wrote:
Nor have I.
SEW which Hawkes? I find the SR-Pro with infinite adjustment just right at dusk when I turn it on to the minimum possible setting.
You have a good question. SR Pro. I’m spoiled by my ( used) Zeiss Duralyts and even the Leupold VXRs. I varmint hunt till black. I want that tiny speck of a glow.