Bulldog 440

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous
Posts: 7078
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Normous » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:42 pm

In addition , I might add that Firenock uses the highest quality nock resin found in the Archery Industry today


Not the cheapest nock on the market but a very small aditional cost for the best.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>--------> 2020
Krug Micro 355, Matrix 355 and NEMESIS
LEUPOLD VX-R 2-7, TRIJICON SRO and KAHLES Red Dot
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nature Is My Nurse

Buttonsonly
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Buttonsonly » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm

I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by janesy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:53 pm

I would think a semi dryfire in a 440 would be pretty quick to take care of an arrow.
This was the first two shots from a BD380 arrows loaded to the ADF only.
Image
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
ComfyBear
Posts: 4210
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:47 am
Location: GTA , Ontario

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by ComfyBear » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm
I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:
If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Custom Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

Beware those bearing gifts
He is served best, he who serves himself
False prophets will only lead one astray

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12534
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Boo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am

Right Lou! My 405 had over 1800 shots from field testing and performance was seamless. I let a couple of guys at Boofest take it to a target to try out. They brought it back and didn't say a word :twisted: Later I looked it over and it had a "splinter" longer and wider than I've ever seen starting near the top of the limb where it belly's out. There were several nocks mushroomed and a few shafts split at the rear end and a couple cracked at the rear end. There is only one possible cause.
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Bcxbow » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:41 am

Boo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am
Right Lou! My 405 had over 1800 shots from field testing and performance was seamless. I let a couple of guys at Boofest take it to a target to try out. They brought it back and didn't say a word :twisted: Later I looked it over and it had a "splinter" longer and wider than I've ever seen starting near the top of the limb where it belly's out. There were several nocks mushroomed and a few shafts split at the rear end and a couple cracked at the rear end. There is only one possible cause.
Nice guy’s :eusa-naughty:
BIlly 🇺🇸

Micro BD350 "Orion" (The Hunter)
M380 Blackout Cerakote Riser & Rail (Midnight Elite)
Axe 340 (Lizzie Borden)
Trinity Strings (nchunterkw)
Boo Strings

vixenmaster
Posts: 13585
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Land of Rocks, Ozarks Mo.

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by vixenmaster » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I really can only assume of a few things lately wid the higher poundage limbs. Recurves jus go from jump street when trigger is pulled ! There is no Cam to unwind or wind up on, the is only brutal force slamming against a nock. I have over a dz. XX75 2219's that were Eastons wid the plastic nock that has a hole in it. Talk about nocks gettin cratered, why they had those in the Excal Alum. arrows i have no idea. I have had to strip vanes n heat the nocks up to melt them out to get them out. So anyone out there usin any nock that can't hole up to the shots on Recurves replace them or arrows n limbs / strings n servings get abused
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

Buttonsonly
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Buttonsonly » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm
I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:
If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
If I only load it to the ADF the bow won't fire.so that's can't be it unless the ADf is the cause for dry fires

User avatar
ComfyBear
Posts: 4210
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:47 am
Location: GTA , Ontario

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by ComfyBear » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am

Buttonsonly wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am
ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm
I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:
If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
If I only load it to the ADF the bow won't fire.so that's can't be it unless the ADf is the cause for dry fires
If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said "load your ARROW", not COCK your crossbow to the ADF.
In other words, if you cock your bow to the trigger, but only push your arrow only as far your ADF, then there'll be a gap between your string and the nock of the arrow. Then when you pull the trigger, the string will hit the ADF instead of pushing the arrow. That will cause the string to hit the ADF, and stop the string. If you push the arrow just past the ADF, and there is still a gap, it will hit the nock, slide under it, and hit the vane which will propel your arrow a mere few feet if at all.
In that case damage can be done to your arrow, ADF, limbs and limb plates.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Custom Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

Beware those bearing gifts
He is served best, he who serves himself
False prophets will only lead one astray

Buttonsonly
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Buttonsonly » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:03 pm

ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am
Buttonsonly wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am
ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm


If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
If I only load it to the ADF the bow won't fire.so that's can't be it unless the ADf is the cause for dry fires
If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said "load your ARROW", not COCK your crossbow to the ADF.
In other words, if you cock your bow to the trigger, but only push your arrow only as far your ADF, then there'll be a gap between your string and the nock of the arrow. Then when you pull the trigger, the string will hit the ADF instead of pushing the arrow. That will cause the string to hit the ADF, and stop the string. If you push the arrow just past the ADF, and there is still a gap, it will hit the nock, slide under it, and hit the vane which will propel your arrow a mere few feet if at all.
In that case damage can be done to your arrow, ADF, limbs and limb plates.
[/quote
Pppssshhh

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by janesy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:10 pm

As my 5 year old says....
WHAT THAAAAAA????
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

OhioXBowhunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by OhioXBowhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm

I’ve got quite a few shots through my 440 so far and have only put about 12-15 shots with lumenocks through it and so far no problems.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by amythntr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Boo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am
Right Lou! My 405 had over 1800 shots from field testing and performance was seamless. I let a couple of guys at Boofest take it to a target to try out. They brought it back and didn't say a word :twisted: Later I looked it over and it had a "splinter" longer and wider than I've ever seen starting near the top of the limb where it belly's out. There were several nocks mushroomed and a few shafts split at the rear end and a couple cracked at the rear end. There is only one possible cause.
....have they gone the way of being banned from Boofest as the likes of "Joe" and "Swampdonkey" ? :twisted: :eusa-naughty:....or do you plan to :eusa-deadhorse: them if they show up :shock: .....Just saying......

Anthony :eusa-popcorn:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Post Reply