assassin 420

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

assassin 420

Post by Deaf jeff »

is anyone shooting the 420? thoughts/opinions on it?
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Re: assassin 420

Post by Boo »

I shot it at the ATA but not since then. It is heavy at 8 lbs naked but like the 360 Assassin, once it's shouldered, you really don't feel the weightiness of it. Winds up real easy but slight more effort than the 360 Assassin. You get the fancy pants trigger that you won't complain about and the Quick Loc feature is genius! There's no doubt in my mind that you can assemble it in the dark. The front end seems to just fall together. It's a cool bow :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 pm
I shot it at the ATA but not since then. It is heavy at 8 lbs naked but like the 360 Assassin, once it's shouldered, you really don't feel the weightiness of it. Winds up real easy but slight more effort than the 360 Assassin. You get the fancy pants trigger that you won't complain about and the Quick Loc feature is genius! There's no doubt in my mind that you can assemble it in the dark. The front end seems to just fall together. It's a cool bow :thumbup:
.....Mr Katsumi (i.e. Boo) would you be so kind as to post a picture of you shouldering said A420 :eusa-think: .....I believe it is 3 inches longer than the A360 with the stock adjustment all the way in :? .....If you can shoulder it with no issues :eusa-think: .....I might have to rethink only keeping one Assassin in the Romano stable.... :eusa-liar:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Boo wrote:
.....Mr Katsumi (i.e. Boo) would you be so kind as to post a picture of you shouldering said A420 :eusa-think: .....I believe it is 3 inches longer than the A360 with the stock adjustment all the way in :? .....If you can shoulder it with no issues :eusa-think: .....I might have to rethink only keeping one Assassin in the Romano stable.... :eusa-liar:

Mr Romano (AKA Badabing), the ATA has been and gone a long time ago. So no pictures for you, one year! :eusa-doh:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:08 pm
amythntr wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Boo wrote:

Mr Romano (AKA Badabing), the ATA has been and gone a long time ago. So no pictures for you, one year! :eusa-doh:
....I realized that after I sent it.....but (in all honesty) was the the A420 too long for you to hold and keep on target? :eusa-naughty:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

I came around the corner from the excal booth and I though Don was pulling up the anchor to blow the cob webs off the ol' pirate ship. Then I realized he was shooting the A420

Ps. I like how you've coined it the A420.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ontguide

Post by Ontguide »

I have a 420 assasin and I love it. Tack driver out to 60yds with diablo arrows and 100gr rage two blade
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Ontguide wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 pm
I have a 420 assasin and I love it. Tack driver out to 60yds with diablo arrows and 100gr rage two blade

is this 420 easy to use with all the "bells and whistles" that are included on it :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... I got a chance to shoulder and shoot the A420TD yesterday at a pro shop where Bowtech and Excalibur was hosting an event.... if I didn’t have the A360 I could see myself lusting after it....I would see myself doing a complete makeover on it from Drstirrup bumpers to a crossbones scope to a munch mount, to self made Saturn V arras... yep I would dress up that baby real nice....

..... but since I now happily sit with the A360 I do not feel any need to lust and break one of the Ten Commandments :eusa-naughty:

.....nope, not I!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

So when’s the new 420 coming in. I’m hoping that when I go up to Cabela’s next week they are still not in stock, I want to shoot the 440 and the 360 TD from there who knows what happens.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats