artifact

Re: Two Crossbow Hunts Completed....

Post by artifact »

Goose52 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:57 am
XB I GO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:17 pm
Very cool girl that is my age!

sooo.... did you get her phone number? :)
:lol: We think alike!!

That's great, good to read things about the positive side of people. You are being taught well, your family is giving you something that you will benefit from for the rest of your life.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

"Nobody on your hunts ever misses, me thinks that your Excalibur shooting instructor skills are dead ON."

Two words - Shooting-Sticks and Rangefinder. (Is that 2 words?)

I show them a picture of what the crosshairs look like on a target and get them set up on sticks. Don't make a big deal out of it. Make like it is so easy. I only let them shoot 3 shots at 20 yards. Then we go hunt. Find animal, get 20 yards, set up sticks, remind them to squeeze gently and breath. That's all it takes.

That girl lives in another State and Dad said "hands off".

No matter how many people we teach on the Excalibur or how many animals we shoot it is clear that that thing is deadly. Put a decent broadhead on good bolts and hit where you aim and its over quickly. No noise or recoil is a big deal for new people and getting close cuts down on bad shots.
Boo

Post by Boo »

XB I GO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 am
"Nobody on your hunts ever misses, me thinks that your Excalibur shooting instructor skills are dead ON."

I show them a picture of what the crosshairs look like on a target and get them set up on sticks. Don't make a big deal out of it. Make like it is so easy. I only let them shoot 3 shots at 20 yards. Then we go hunt. Find animal, get 20 yards, set up sticks, remind them to squeeze gently and breath. That's all it takes.

No matter how many people we teach on the Excalibur or how many animals we shoot it is clear that that thing is deadly. Put a decent broadhead on good bolts and hit where you aim and its over quickly. No noise or recoil is a big deal for new people and getting close cuts down on bad shots.
After meeting with and communicating a bit with your dad I think it's safe to say that "hands off" weren't the only words he said! :lol: :lol: :lol: I like your dad! He's cool! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

well done !!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Excellent!! :thumbup:

Love this stuff!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

XB I GO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 am

XB, another great hunt that you took us along on. Thank you and your Dad for doing what you do. You had better do what your Dad says.....but she is cute, and likes to hunt...better listen to Dad. Love seeing your posts.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Very nice! You guy's Rock! Good Karma is coming your way!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Awesome job young man! Thank you for sharing!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360