Magnus Black Hornet broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Magnus Black Hornet broadheads

Post by ChrisK »

I ordered a pack of the serrated 4 blades in 125 grain. I may give them a try this year if they fly ok.
Carnivorous

Re: Magnus Black Hornet broadheads

Post by Carnivorous »

The best warranty in the BH world too!! :thumbup:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Yes they do. I had thought about going with 100 grains but I will try them with my trad bows too. That is why I went with the 125’s instead.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

My choice for thick skinned game such as hogs and bear except straight edged not serrated. Fly great, sharp, strong as hell and no questions asked warranty. Just send a picture of the damaged head and a replacement will be on the way.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I lik'em i lov'em n want some more of them! They are my go to fixed bladed B heads
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

they look pretty mean
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 pm
My choice for thick skinned game such as hogs and bear except straight edged not serrated. Fly great, sharp, strong as hell and no questions asked warranty. Just send a picture of the damaged head and a replacement will be on the way.
I agree here. Straight edge cuts cleaner and causes less "wound trauma" meaning it takes longer for the wound to clot. (Think of when you cut yourself with a very sharp knife how long it took to clot). Serrated has more drag through the animal and does more of a tear. Of course doesn't matter much if it goes through the ribs/lungs.

Good Luck!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

AAAAAAAHHH NOW I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THEM. !!!!!
EVERY YEAR I EXPERIENT WITH BROADHEADS. I was thinking of trying the new swhacker hybrid....but might try these instead.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

nchunterkw wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
I agree here. Straight edge cuts cleaner and causes less "wound trauma" meaning it takes longer for the wound to clot. (Think of when you cut yourself with a very sharp knife how long it took to clot). Serrated has more drag through the animal and does more of a tear. Of course doesn't matter much if it goes through the ribs/lungs.

Good Luck!
Exactly why I use the non serrated Keith, blood platelets have a more difficult time attaching to a clean cut than a jagged cut resulting in free flowing longer lasting bleeding. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Once you pop a half dollar sized hole threw a tick toters vitals its all over but guttin them
Half Bubble Off BD360

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I plan to buy a pack of the other as well. If for some reason I don’t like them I will try the regular ones.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I don't think you will go wrong with either one they are great broadheads . and if you brake or bend one they will replace it on ? asked . they are great people to deal with .
W.M.
catclr

Post by catclr »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:46 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 pm
Bcxbow wrote:

Good Luck!
Exactly why I use the non serrated Keith, blood platelets have a more difficult time attaching to a clean cut than a jagged cut resulting in free flowing longer lasting bleeding. :thumbup:
IMO it doesn't produce a jagged cut or tear, as the serrations are also sharp, and adds extra cutting surface to the edge of the broadhead. So when these heads get through the ribs, etc. the serrations are still very sharp, and you can sharpen them, they do a very good job on the soft tissue of the lungs, heart, and then out the other side.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Lets do a 101 learn on the Serrated model. If'en the serrated edge faced forward at an angle it may lend to a small amount of tearing if'en dull. The cuts are not angled forward n the edge is very sharp when i get done. The several tick toters i have killed usin them died very quickly, they are sharp on the back side bevel also. Yeah i found foolin wid one when i got them, nasty cut. They are a very thick n strong bladed B-Head, i will also use them while Elk huntin in Idaho n Wash./ MT.
Half Bubble Off BD360

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Well documented all over the place that serrated blades cause more trauma to soft tissue and clot sooner. Again, as I said earlier, that doesn't matter too much when you make a good shot....but may come into play if the shot is not in the lungs (liver, etc).

Serrated blades are made to cut bone etc. And are generally used on knives and saws where they can be used in a sawing motion. Broadheads are not used in a sawing motion.

Smooth blades are used to cut soft tissue and create less trauma. This is why scalpels and such are always thin smooth blades. The rub is that these can dull more easily when they encounter bone.

Bottom line - this is mostly an academic discussion and either model Black Hornet that you choose will work very well for your intended purpose. For me, I like the smooth blades 1) because the wound will take longer to clot and 2) because they are much much easier to sharpen than a serrated blade.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><