Trigger Pull Differences "Regular" vs "Bull Pup"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Trigger Pull Differences "Regular" vs "Bull Pup"

Post by nchunterkw »

I have noticed that the pull on my Micro 355 is significantly more than on my Micro 335. I attribute it to the bull pup and the linkage. It's not bad, just a bit more. Currently have an ACP Pro Shot trigger in the 355. Seems more than 3lbs to me. What have you all seen?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Carnivorous

Re: Trigger Pull Differences "Regular" vs "Bull Pup"

Post by Carnivorous »

The heavier draw weight definitely leads to a stiffer trigger pull. My Micro 335 is in the sweet spot for sure.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

That’s not very comforting to hear. I just ordered the new ACP trigger for my BD380! I was going to get a TriggerTech trigger but everyone was raving about how good the ACP trigger was! I hope it has less creep than the stock Excalibur trigger!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 am
I have noticed that the pull on my Micro 355 is significantly more than on my Micro 335. I attribute it to the bull pup and the linkage. It's not bad, just a bit more. Currently have an ACP Pro Shot trigger in the 355. Seems more than 3lbs to me. What have you all seen?
I thought the same thing Keith when I swapped from the TT to the ACP on my bd400 that it seemed more than 3lbs but according to my trigger gauge it breaks at exactly 3lbs. I think the difference is absolutely no creep just makes it seem stiffer.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

bigbowman wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:22 am
That’s not very comforting to hear. I just ordered the new ACP trigger for my BD380! I was going to get a TriggerTech trigger but everyone was raving about how good the ACP trigger was! I hope it has less creep than the stock Excalibur trigger!
There's no creep. It's an excellent trigger for sure. But my 335 has the TT single stage and it is SUPER light. Light enough to surprise you sometimes.
I just figured the linkage, since it's pushing on the trigger so much closer to the trigger added a bit to it. Plus, like Jeff said, the higher poundage adds trigger weight. I'll have to get a gauge. But I am happy with both bows now. I had a TT 2 stage in the 355 but the way it was, it fit but the linkage was such that it pushed the trigger level forward. Like is was about 1/4" too long. SO the pull was weird. That's why I swapped it for the ACP. I like it better. Plus I sold the TT to a buddy for $100, so it was $50 upgrade :eusa-dance:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Ok thanks! I figured some of the linkage would create some creep but not as bad as it is. I was on the fence but I like that the new ACP trigger doesn’t void the warranty!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Acp trigger is SOLID GOLD!!!