BOWTECH/EXCALIBUR COMING TO A THEATER NEAR ME!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

BOWTECH/EXCALIBUR COMING TO A THEATER NEAR ME!

Post by amythntr »

.....years ago I used to go to a local pro shop when I was shooting a compound bow....they seemed to be in bed with Matthews but they did sell other compounds....they were terrible to deal with but they were good; they knew it and people knew it...they were phenomenal in setting up your new compound....

.....a couple of years ago I went in there and told the owner that I no longer shot a compound and was now shooting an Excalibur CB....I asked them if they carried them....well they had maybe one in the corner and talked them down and tried to tell me how much better the Matthews crossbow was and yada yada yada....simply put they did not like Excalibur because of its simplicity and the fact that they made their money on the purchase and then it was adios for the most part....

.....well the other day I got an email from this pro shop telling me that Bowtech/Excalibur was going to be there and showing their offerings and if you signed up you would get some freebies and one hour on their range (not sure if it would be for CB's)....

.....Wow!....what a change from the past....I wonder why the change....could it be that they and Matthews got divorced or something else...

.....in any event I will be going tomorrow around 4:00 PM.....I will report back how the event went!

Anthony :clap:

1906 days till full retirement!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Re: BOWTECH/EXCALIBUR COMING TO A THEATER NEAR ME!

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 pm
.....years ago I used to go to a local pro shop when I was shooting a compound bow....they seemed to be in bed with Matthews but they did sell other compounds....they were terrible to deal with but they were good; they knew it and people knew it...they were phenomenal in setting up your new compound....

.....a couple of years ago I went in there and told the owner that I no longer shot a compound and was now shooting an Excalibur CB....I asked them if they carried them....well they had maybe one in the corner and talked them down and tried to tell me how much better the Matthews crossbow was and yada yada yada....simply put they did not like Excalibur because of its simplicity and the fact that they made their money on the purchase and then it was adios for the most part....

.....well the other day I got an email from this pro shop telling me that Bowtech/Excalibur was going to be there and showing their offerings and if you signed up you would get some freebies and one hour on their range (not sure if it would be for CB's)....you would also get a chance to shoot an Excalibur! :wtf: :thumbup:

.....Wow!....what a change from the past....I wonder why the change....could it be that they and Matthews got divorced or something else...

.....in any event I will be going tomorrow around 4:00 PM.....I will report back how the event went!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....dang duplicate post again!

:( :think: :wave:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Samolians n lots of them :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I bought my first crossbow from the bow shop I used in 2004, the year they became legal in Georgia. I used this guy with my compound bows for years. I had right rotator cuff surgery in 2002 and had to sit the entire 2003 season on the side line. If crossbows hadn’t became legal my doctor was going to give me a medical waiver.
The owner of this shop knew this, sold me my first bow a Horton and still refused to work on crossbows if he had “real bows” to work on. I had no choice because he was the only game in town. In 2010 a new shop opened up an I bought my first Excalibur, made a point to stop by his shop and let him know that he had lost me as a customer because of his views on crossbows. Now that crossbows have gained so much in popularity guess what over half his inventory is now :?: I reckon he learned to love them or go out of business.
My feet will never break the plain of his door again.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Hang in there, Anthony. You'll get the hang of the forum again. 8)
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm
amythntr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Hang in there, Anthony. You'll get the hang of the forum again. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Tom

Post by Tom »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 pm

.....well the other day I got an email from this pro shop telling me that Bowtech/Excalibur was going to be there and showing their offerings and if you signed up you would get some freebies and one hour on their range (not sure if it would be for CB's)....

Anthony, I thought you came to boofest for all the expert knowledge. A few of the boofest regulars have probably forgot more then these representatives know. Plus ........ boofest regulars actually use the bows regularly.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Living in Saint John, NB. As far as I know we have no bow shops of any kind. 2 hours away we have a Bass pro. Canadian tire stores sell a few Excalibur’s. I am left to the Internet to try and search out answers and opinions. I mail order most everything fishing and hunting. I had not even shouldered a crossbow before I received my Micro 355 from Cabela’s.ca. I am so glad a bought the package that contains the C2 crank. Since Bass pro bought out Cabela’s the Cabela’s.ca has dropped so much of their on line stock I’m very disappointed. I have purchased $1000’s of equipment from both Cabela’s.com and .ca. I live 60 miles from the state of main and have a mail box in a warehouse there. Sad where I live we have very little choices.
I’ve been fortunate to visit the Cabela’s in Dundee Michigan and Owatanna Minnesota. I thought I died and was in man heaven.
:eusa-violin: yes I know I’m whining.
Wayne
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... just got back from the pro shop... the bowtech guy seemed to pretty knowledgeable with the Excalibur’s.... I think I was partly instrumental in a 360 sale... exchanged numbers with the guy that bought it....

..... so I shouldered the 420TD and was surprised how nice it felt....if they sold it “naked” I might be interested....and the matrix limbs don’t excite me.... I actually shot it. ... not bad!

Anthony :eusa-naughty:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm
..... just got back from the pro shop... the bowtech guy seemed to pretty knowledgeable with the Excalibur’s.... I think I was partly instrumental in a 360 sale... exchanged numbers with the guy that bought it....

..... so I shouldered the 420TD and was surprised how nice it felt....if they sold it “naked” I might be interested....and the matrix limbs don’t excite me.... I actually shot it. ... not bad!

Anthony,
what is your dislike about the matrix limbs :?:
Wyvern creations shows the 420 is available as bare bow :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....after shooting the micro series for a couple of years it’s hard to go back to the Matrix....that is all! :D

Ps ...you had to go and tell me that wyverns is selling a bare bow....you should be tarred and feathered ! :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

just trying to help so you don't waste your valuable time looking for a naked 420 :P :)
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 am
amythntr wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Anthony,
what is your dislike about the matrix limbs :?:
Wyvern creations shows the 420 is available as bare bow :!:
....Jeff: Looked on Wyverns site....the only thing they appear to take off the package is the scope....$1,599....too expensive for me :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty: ....I want a bare bow as I have a scope, would order a munch mount, and Dr.stirrup accessories....if it was more like $1,399 I might (and I stress "might") be on the fence as being possibly (ad I stress "possibly") being interested. :eusa-shifty:

Anthony :shh:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That's the beauty of these bows .....you dont need the stinky attitude or the services of the pro shop at all.
Just like my longbow Forgedaboutit. I order most accessories on line and usually use woodys for warranty issues and parts or accessories. I like being self sufficient and having an extra bow or 2 .......or 6 maby 8 to have as backups.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.