The broad broadhead discussion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: The broad broadhead discussion

Post by Doe Master »

In my opinion we archers are chasing the best broadhead demon along with the speed demons .
Talked about this last weekend at Boofest . The old fashioned Wasp cam-lock out of my Wolverine got pass-throughs . My first deer left a blood trail as stated even Stevie could follow . I shot one deer with an expandable a few years ago that just didn`t open because of the consensus saying you needed an extra band . Recovered it because of snow .
My point being is the biggest or smallest broadhead still needs to be put in the right spot .
Use what you have that is available and most important flies true .
Everyone on here has an opinion from either their personal experiences or someone else . Doesn`t make it right or wrong . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Doe Master wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:45 am
My point being is the biggest or smallest broadhead still needs to be put in the right spot .
Use what you have that is available and most important flies true .
Everyone on here has an opinion from either their personal experiences or someone else . Doesn`t make it right or wrong .
These three lines are all that need to be said about broad heads . Well said !
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Steelhead 100's or Ram Cat 100's. If a Kid then I'd personally stick with Steelheads or similar type mech that won't come open while loading. ram Cats are great but exposed blades require attention all the time when reaching for things or loading/unloading..
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1