So who has an Axe to grind?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

Re: So who has an Axe to grind?

Post by hunter with MS »

If the trigger is like the one in the 308 short there is no play very smooth . With that said can anyone tell us for sure what trigger system is in it ?
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

hunter with MS wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:22 pm
If the trigger is like the one in the 308 short there is no play very smooth . With that said can anyone tell us for sure what trigger system is in it ?
I don't know if its the Pro Shot Trigger, but I do know that Excalibur has come a long way in not only improving their triggers, but also improving and innovating their crossbows as a whole. One must agree that the Assassin is proof of that. Now with the introduction of their new Micro AXE, it proves that they are truly dedicated to serving a broad spectrum of crossbow users and serving them well.

To be honest, being a "dyed in the wool" Excalibur crossbow user since 1989 and having owned almost every single "bullet-proof" EXO series model and several Matrix models since, I felt Excalibur had reached its limits. The introduction of the Micro and it's issues appeared to confirm my thoughts.

However, was I ever wrong. Considering Excalibur's dedication to quality and how they handled their short "growing pains" of the Micro limb issues of a few years ago, I am confident that the current Excalibur models are better than ever, and I'm seriously thinking about acquiring an Assassin or even an AXE.

Maybe both, who would have thought ! ;)
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Kuffs

Post by Kuffs »

Hi Guys, i've been trying to see the difference but aside from the cheek rest, 1 extra arrow and 100gr vs 150 gr field tips, whats the difference between the Axe340 and the micro 335 I bought a few years ago? The axe is at least $400 (if not more) Cheaper than the micro 335!
Thanks
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Excal Micro 335
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Kuffs wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:22 pm
Hi Guys, i've been trying to see the difference but aside from the cheek rest, 1 extra arrow and 100gr vs 150 gr field tips, whats the difference between the Axe340 and the micro 335 I bought a few years ago? The axe is at least $400 (if not more) Cheaper than the micro 335!
Thanks
..... off the Kuff Kuffs, I have been trying to figure that out also!

Anthony :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

There doesn't seem to be much difference until you compare and scrutinize the Micro 335 and 340. It's obvious that the Axe 340 comes with a less expensive non-illuminated scope, a black quiver instead of a camo one, and one less quill.

What most folks will miss is that the rail and riser between the two differ, as well as how the two parts are mated together.
The AXE 340 has a shorter, less bulky and different shaped riser and the rail is also different, which alters how the two are attached to each other. In other words, the manufacturing process of the AXE 340 is different, and I would think possibly less costly to produce.
If that's the case, kudoes are in order to Excalibur for passing on the saving to its customers.

Cut and paste the links below and pause these YouTube videos immediately to see the difference:

Micro AXE 340: https://youtu.be/khYKR2KrirI?t=236 Pause at 3:56 min
Micro 335: https://youtu.be/ncYqwm8gJRE?t=61 Pause at 1:01 min
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

My AXE 340 dealer edition arrived yesterday. Good luck finding a better value than this bow! The smaller riser can for sure be felt. Even with the Air Brakes there is very little front end weight. I can’t speak for every trigger, but the one on mine is a good one. The bow is not bad to hand cock (Micro bows are no free lunch) and is very quiet. Shooting the Pro Flight arrows and the AXE stacks them like every other Excal out there. If someone was looking for a top crossbow at a great value, this is the one.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

vaXbow wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:35 am
My AXE 340 dealer edition arrived yesterday. Good luck finding a better value than this bow! The smaller riser can for sure be felt. Even with the Air Brakes there is very little front end weight. I can’t speak for every trigger, but the one on mine is a good one. The bow is not bad to hand cock (Micro bows are no free lunch) and is very quiet. Shooting the Pro Flight arrows and the AXE stacks them like every other Excal out there. If someone was looking for a top crossbow at a great value, this is the one.
Can you post some pics? Especially the mainframe to riser area. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Appears it uses a single bolt to attach Riser to Mainframe
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....sounds like the Axe might be the perfect backup CB for those of you that only have 3 or 4 Excaliburs in your fleet! :eusa-think:

.....for those of us who like to play the odds...I am comfortable with only having my A360 and my Scorpyd and my BadaBing 8) ....if I would ever be able to pry it out of my brother in law's hands! :(

....1881 days till retirement!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

End of the month will be getting one . Am letting my son's bride to be barrow my GRZ2 for now may end up giving it to her later on .
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I held one of these today at Bass Pro...they have it marked at 599.99 :D
That’s a lot of bow for the price.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here's a picture of the Excalibur AXE 340 (Dealer's Only) Kryptec Camo with SDS + Air Brakes
It's definitely a beauty of a crossbow. I think I'll be getting one, that way I'll have an even 1/2 dozen. :eusa-dance:

Here's a pic of the front end of the MOBUC AXE 340
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings