So who has an Axe to grind?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

So who has an Axe to grind?

Post by amythntr »

....so how many people are going to take the plunge on the new Axe340....It looks like it has about the some items as the more expensive Excals so why is it so much cheaper? :think:

Anthony :?
Last edited by amythntr on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Re: So who has an Axe to bear?

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:04 pm
....so how many people are going to take the plunge on the new Axe340....It looks like it has about the some items as the more expensive Excals so why is it so much cheaper? :think:

Looks like a pretty simple design, less material, less riser/rail machining and a couple features similar to the 315 was offered.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
....so how many people are going to take the plunge on the new Axe340....

Looking for company are you Anthony? :eusa-popcorn:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Looks like a great bow! If I didn't already have a Micro 335 and a Scorpyd DS 420 I would consider it...and all the hunts I have planned for this year aren't free either!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm
Looks like a great bow! If I didn't already have a Micro 335 and a Scorpyd DS 420 I would consider it...and all the hunts I have planned for this year aren't free either!! Lol
.....tru dat!, tru dat!

.....I have my A360 and I believe a Scorpyd so I am set and I am not going on ANY hunts!

Anthony :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
foofoo

Re: So who has an Axe to grind?

Post by foofoo »

gonna pass.my 335-s shoot 340+s fps and are lighter and shorter. not sure why this model would even exist. only guess its to get the last minute or newbie hunters that are going to take to the field because of the low price point.
Boo

Post by Boo »

foofoo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:51 pm
gonna pass.my 335-s shoot 340+s fps and are lighter and shorter. not sure why this model would even exist. only guess its to get the last minute or newbie hunters that are going to take to the field because of the low price point.
It is a price point to be sure but it's not marketed towards someone that has a more expensive bow already. There are some that can afford an SMF bow but not a 335. As well, there are some that want a backup bow or a first bow but don't want a polymer mainframe.
It is a reasonable offering in my eyes.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 pm
foofoo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:51 pm
It is a price point to be sure but it's not marketed towards someone that has a more expensive bow already. There are some that can afford an SMF bow but not a 335. As well, there are some that want a backup bow or a first bow but don't want a polymer mainframe.
It is a reasonable offering in my eyes.
.....HAVEN'T YOUR EYES BEEN CLOUDY FOR A LONG TIME DON? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:

358 days till Boofest 2020 :eusa-dance:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I'm really thinking about it as I have the G340 with the wider limbs that seem to get in the way . Have the 308 short and like the compact size but look for a little more speed some times and this will fit the bill . The price is right and the wt is right .
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Well I have been saving all summer for something and a new Excalibur in Micro size is on my list. I really love our Matrix 380 but it is just a little too long and wide for our ground blind on our property. It is still too heavy for me to shoot offhand too. I have handled a few Micros and they seem about right for what I need/want. Nobody really answered amynthr's question "why is it so much cheaper"? The price is a lot of money to me! With school starting up soon I probably wont be able to get a lot more money any time soon, so this could be what I need. But, if I could get a really better bow with more money I would rather wait longer and get one that is worth all that I pay. Nobody around here has one of these Axe's so I cant see it or try it in person yet.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I'm seriously considering selling my BD380 and buying the new Axe! It would be perfect for hunting out of my blind. I only hunt whitetail deer with my crossbows. I think it will be easier to cock than my BD380 too. :)
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

This is interesting.

Prices from Archers nook in London Ontario.

If you were in the market for a new bow and were buying based on speed the AXE 340 would be the obvious choice!!

Micro AXE 340 Raid Pkg 749.00

Micro Banshee 308 Short - Kryptek Banshee w/Dead-Zone Scope Pkg - Reg $799

Micro Raid 335 Tact-Zone Pkg - Kryptic - Reg $999
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Why is it cheaper, let me list three reasons why some folks might so:
1.) Aluminium mainframe - To me I prefer it, but most like camo so they pay more.
2.) Dead Zone Scope (not illuminated) - To me that's an non-issue, years ago they were not available and I didn't have a problem filling my tags.
3.) I'm not sure, but if you'd like to guess - hint - marketing

If I didn't have five (5) Excaliburs already and didn't mind having to make a batch of Micro strings, I might have considered one. :eusa-drool:

For those that have fewer crossbows than myself, I'd say the AXE is a must have. :eusa-drool:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Also do not think it has the Pro Shot trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The advertisement says premium trigger, not sure what that means exactly, but the price point is very impressive. Anyone wanting a good backup or first time buyers have a really good option there. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!