Tree stand seats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Tree stand seats

Post by DuckHunt »

I leave my stands in the woods year round and only remove them for maintenance reasons. I'm interested in a new stand or two, but most stands these days come with a sling style seat made of various fabrics. While I'm sure these seats are far more comfortable than the metal seats on my stands (I use a foam cushion), how will they hold up to the year round elements?

I've seen older stands where the seat portions have literally disintegrated in the elements. I'm sure many of you are using hang on and ladder stands that do not have metal seats. What type do you have and how is the seat holding up over the years? I'm especially interested in how they hold up if you leave them out year round.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Re: Tree stand seats

Post by janesy »

I left an ameristep grizzly climber with the padded along style seat out last winter. The seat was toast
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I sat in a few millenium stands my buddy who is an outfitter in Kentucky uses they were so comfy I bought a couple. They have a system where you can leave the hanger out and just carry in the stand and attach. Might be an option. I have never left my stands out though and take them down every year to check and then rehang next season.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

If you use hang on stands check out this one that I got for Christmas. This stand is very comfortable and affordable. If you like ladder stands they make ladder stands with the same type seat.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/bolderton-deluxe-hang-on-tree-stand?a=2110560
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Buck

Post by Buck »

I have been using a similar ladder stand when hunting in northern NY. The stand has been up for at least 5 years and the fabric/mesh seat is fine. The seat is folded up against the backrest and secured in place at the end of every season. It’s also in a pretty dense pine so there is very limited direct sunlight. I’m pretty surprised the squirrels or other pests haven’t touched it either. They are pretty aggressive buggers up there and have destroyed every foam pad within a year.

The NY stand is Field and Stream branded, very comfortable.
I also have a few Summit and Ameristep ladder stands that have been up for 2-3 years and no issues there either.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Buy a replacement seat after the original ones are toast, then remove them after the hunting season so it will last much longer
Normous

Post by Normous »

Simply wrapping your seat in a green garbage bag will help protect from the elements.
Last edited by Normous on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Normous wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:36 am
Simply wrapping your seat in a green garbage bad will help protect from the elements.
:thumbup: :clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I've used a plastic dip that you use on fishing nets with great success.And the seat dosen't soak up water and bunch up.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
joel0711

Post by joel0711 »

For buddy stands on our lease,I just use boat cushion and carry it back and forth