Arrow fish tailing pictures on page 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck

Re: Arrow fish tailing pictures on page 2

Post by Buck »

No doubt that arrows sometimes fly erratically. Any chance that the arrow in the video/photo appears to be fishtailing as a result of camera movement from the shot recoil vibrations? It could be a possibility if camera is mounted on the bow (or bench) when being recorded.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
catclr

Post by catclr »

From what I know about the fellow shooting in the pictures, the camera is mounted to his scope. Could be but I have my camera mounted on my crossbow, and I don't see any kind of arrow movement like in these pictures, from my arrows.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I seen this much more with my vertical bows, and the correction process didn't always yield great results. :eusa-hand:
The spine is not as stiff, and the arrows are longer, this may be the number one factor there. Earlier times would lead archers into believing that their arrows were contacting the rest on the shot, etc. Those were the good old days! :eusa-violin: I know a lot of us here remember paper tuning our setups, etc. back in the day. It sure was a process, but the wisdom of an old friend said this: shoot at 7 yards, check the attitude of how the arrow ends up perpendicular to the target, then out to 40 yards, and check again. If you are square, you are there! With crossbows it gets a bit more tricky in a sense because we don't have the arrow rest to blame, it is consistent. So we look at spine, vane placement, vane length, accuracy of vane placement, etc. I know I have goobered a few arrows in terms of one vane being off maybe 1/16" at times, and found that the arrow still shot great.

My point, all of my arrows did this from the vertical bow to some extent, and if I watch real closely I probably get this with the Excalibur's too. I'll spend my time, and my eyes looking for a deer to shoot! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

Boo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 pm
catclr wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:10 pm
Is that a left/right movement?
I wanted to post a video but could not. So took pictures of the two movements. It does look that way on bottom picture to me also Don. Top looks like it was up and down.
A left/right movement would tell me to check my tiller.
Can tiller even be adjusted on an Excalibur with out replacing the limbs?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nope, limb replacement is the only way.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... testiness is a function of the square root of the days till the opening of the season divided by the mean of both people feeling hurt and testy! This mathematical formula was devised by Einstein himself and has been proven over and over again!🤔

Anthony :eusa-liar:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings