Need ACP trigger feedback

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Twignstring

Need ACP trigger feedback

Post by Twignstring »

I've been considering getting an ACP trigger for my bulldog 380.
I have had many issues with the claws of the stock trigger eating up string servings like candy given to a 5 year old.
I've sent the bow back to Excalibur and they replaced the trigger. It breaks a lot nicer now. And I polished the claws (again) as informed on Boos web site. (Thanks Boo!). And that worked until I get a replacement string a couple months ago. But then it started eating serving up again. :eusa-deadhorse:
Kinda getting sick of having to polish claws on a regular basis.
Is this problem solved with a new ACP trigger?
Not complaining. Just venting. And looking for options.
I love my Excalibur!
Thanks.
janesy

Re: Need ACP trigger feedback

Post by janesy »

I had the same problem with my high poundage micro. The ACP solved the problem for me. I reviewed it over 3 or 4 nights in various setups throughout this thread .

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69769
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

Nice write up!
I followed along when you wrote it a few months back.
Been waiting to see what the serving wear is after a few hundred shots though.
Has anyone done any serious shooting with hundreds of arrows being shot ?
How does serving look then?
Don't get me wrong. I like to tinker with my bow. Just don't like to have to take it apart and reserve it after I get it dialed in.
I use angel majesty serving. So I know its of good quality.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Are your servings separating or being torn? If separating it's probably the serving and not rough latches. If it's tearing then the latches need a polish job.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

Twignstring wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Nice write up!
I followed along when you wrote it a few months back.
Been waiting to see what the serving wear is after a few hundred shots though.
Has anyone done any serious shooting with hundreds of arrows being shot ?
How does serving look then?
Don't get me wrong. I like to tinker with my bow. Just don't like to have to take it apart and reserve it after I get it dialed in.
I use angel majesty serving. So I know its of good quality.
I was getting serving separation for the poundage combined with the tight angles of that particular micro370.
I don't recall how many shots I have on that bow now, but serving separation was less than 20, I'm currently 50 plus after the ACP install. With that said, the TT trigger that was installed at the time has been moved between my 345 and 310 with no adverse effects to the string or serving on either bow.

I shoot that bow considerable less now that I have made the 310micro, it just easier on the back, which is the reason I made the 310 in the first place. So I can't comment on hundreds of shots.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Agree with all above. But polished latch or not A custom string with a angel majesty or the like serving will definitely help you.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Are your servings separating or being torn? If separating it's probably the serving and not rough latches. If it's tearing then the latches need a polish job.
its eating the serving.
I have polished the latches multiple times already.
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Agree with all above. But polished latch or not A custom string with a angel majesty or the like serving will definitely help you.
latches have been polished multiple times. I even used up to 12000 grit emery cloth.
It's a custom string made by boo. So it is a well made string.
And as I've said before. I do use Angel majesty to reserve.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Did you check the sides of the latches? Mine had dimples from the casting mold. I sanded the entire latch circumference of each latch finger, then used a polishing adapter on my Dremel tool with .05 & .10 polishing paste. The entire latch is highly polished, smooth and hasn’t caused any wear on the serving on either of my Excalibur bows! Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My micro eats strings polished latches .A/M serving it's just that way. Usually the matrix bows at better
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 am
My micro eats strings polished latches .A/M serving it's just that way. Usually the matrix bows at better
is Angle majesty "just that way" though?
Is there a better serving material that could last longer?
This isn't something we should just except as the norm for serving wear either. But things happen this way sometime.
This is why I'm inquiring if I can expect better results from purchasing an ACP trigger instead.
Are the latches any better on serving wear?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My Micro 355 is not hard on the serving much to my surprise. I do have a Trigger Tech trigger and have done nothing to it. I use Angel Majesty as well and I have not found anything better.

Good luck with your decision on what you do next.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:02 pm
My Micro 355 is not hard on the serving much to my surprise. I do have a Trigger Tech trigger and have done nothing to it. I use Angel Majesty as well and I have not found anything better.

Good luck with your decision on what you do next.
Same, my TT is fine on my 345 and 310. It's the G1 riser on the 370 just adding that extra poundage it is too much for. The ACP is much much better, however I still expect to reserve often compared to other bows. I expect between 70-100. Which is better than separated at 10 wrecked by 20
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Twignstring wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 am
is Angle majesty "just that way" though?
Is there a better serving material that could last longer?
This isn't something we should just except as the norm for serving wear either. But things happen this way sometime.
This is why I'm inquiring if I can expect better results from purchasing an ACP trigger instead.
Are the latches any better on serving wear?
If you do some searches on here you will find many threads where many on here participated in serving trials. AM is the way. If you find something better please share with us.

But...if you think of what you are doing......you have 270lb limbs exerting pressure on a string being help back by about a total area of 0.031 square inches. (1/8" x 1/8" times 2 latches). That's about 8709PSI on those latches. Add to that the sharp string angle of the Micro bows and it is easy to see how a string serving can go pretty quickly if there is even the smallest burr or rough spot.

What puzzles me is you said you had everything in good shape and then a replacement string caused your trigger to eat servings again. If your latches were polished before a string change would not affect that....unless somehow the latch got scratched or something. Is your arrow or nock somehow causing damage to the latch?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><