Axe 340 Kryptec & MOBUC Camo Pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Axe 340 Kryptec & MOBUC Camo Pics

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 am
....so what I am hearing is that the main reason for purchasing the Axe is the price point which I agree...and for those just starting...totally agree...if you never owned a micro this is your baby....not in the slightest way upset of the cost of the of the Axe versus my Alpha360Assassin...don’t view it as I could have owned 2Axes for the cost of the A360....the A360 is still the most compact...plus I don’t want to cock a CB anymore...if I wanted the same feature w the Axe I would have to buy the crank....other than that the Axe is great but just not for me....

Anthony :eusa-naughty:
Shorter yes, but 2 pounds lighter goes a long way. The assassin has some really cool features, and absolutely appeals to a good number of owners, especially the crank crowd . For me it's not about cost. I like it for what they have achieved with so little. Call me the underdog
As it's name suggests(and not be be cheesy) but if this is an Axe, then your Assassin is a gas wood splitter. Two ways of achieving the same goal.

As long as the pointy end gets to where it needs to go LOL. :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony wrote:...if I wanted the same feature w the Axe I would have to buy the crank....other than that the Axe is great but just not for me....
The Assassin's MSRP is $1699.99, the AXE's MSRP is $749.99 x 2 = $1,499.98, a difference of $200 which is approximately the cost of a crank. The Charger EXT is removable, lessening the weight of the crossbow. In my mind the AXE is the winner since, like the Assassin, it is capable of harvesting any American animal.
janesy wrote: I like it for what they have achieved with so little. Call me the underdog. As it's name suggests(and not be be cheesy) but if this is an Axe, then your Assassin is a gas wood splitter. Two ways of achieving the same goal.
I see it a bit different. Comparing the Assassin to the Axe isn't quite appropriate. It would be like comparing a lion to a cougar, all they have in common is that they are both cats and predators. The best comparison would be to compare the AXE to the standard Micro 335. They both are built on the same frame and have the same specs., only the riser is different. They come with the same scope, they both come with a quiver, the former black and the latter camo. Granted the AXE lacks a cheek piece and is short one arrow (value of $44.50). However, it comes with the premium Kryptec camo, STS + Air Brakes ($120 value), which the standard Micro does not. The biggest difference I see is the price, the AXE's MSRP is $749.99 compared to the standard Micro 335's MSRP of $949.99.

That's a difference of $200 on the base price, but $275.50 when one accounts for the difference in accessories

In my mind the Axe is the clear winner
Last edited by ComfyBear on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... yup... it does come down to the price point... which is totally acceptable... for those of us who are happy with what we have...would not want to cock with a rope... I personally see no reason to buy... now if I didn’t purchase the Assassin... I would be all over the Axe... and add the new crank and still be far below the cost of the Assassin... but right now I feel set!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:44 pm
.... yup... it does come down to the price point... which is totally acceptable... for those of us who are happy with what we have...would not want to cock with a rope... I personally see no reason to buy... now if I didn’t purchase the Assassin... I would be all over the Axe... and add the new crank and still be far below the cost of the Assassin... but right now I feel set!

Anthony, I love your honesty. I suppose it's all about timing. Isn't life a bitch ! :evil: Sometimes "the early bird gets the worm", other times "good things come to those that wait". :think:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

NFH

Post by NFH »

Could someone with a 340 Axe provide a picture of the portion of the riser that interfaces with the rail? I would like to see how exactly it is held together with the cross pin.
Thanks
Nick
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I can't show you a photo but I can tell you . There is a bolt that goes through the front of riser long wise a little above the stirrup and screws into the cross pin the pin is threaded . Very solid set up hope this answer the question
Normous

Post by Normous »

Is the cross pin alumimum?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
NFH

Post by NFH »

How much of the riser goes inside the rail? Does the cross pin go through the riser? I'm also curious as to the material of the cross pin.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

NFH wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 am
How much of the riser goes inside the rail? Does the cross pin go through the riser? I'm also curious as to the material of the cross pin.
Best description is here

https://thehorizontalzone.net/the-excalibur-axe-340/
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here's some pics.

The rail and riser are perfectly mated and are fastened by a threaded bolt/screw which screws into the drilled and tapped cylinder, which is inserted through the hole in the side of the rail
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

NFH wrote:
The riser is machined to perfectly mate and be inserted into the rail, I didn't measure but I'd say about an 1/8" of an inch.
The cylindrical rod/cross pin appears to be aluminium just like the rail and riser.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:19 am
NFH wrote:
The riser is machined to perfectly mate and be inserted into the rail, I didn't measure but I'd say about an 1/8" of an inch.
The cylindrical rod/cross pin appears to be aluminium just like the rail and riser.
....an interesting new design for attaching the riser to the rail!

Anthony👍👍
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

Hey how come my scope came in a white box? Seems not came in plastics like the pictures hmmm
My First Bow excalibur 340 micro AXE kryptec.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Retail clamshell packaging was introduced somewhat recently. The white box is typically how they come delivered. That's how all of mine have came
Cost a lot of money to clamshell products
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I’m waiting on the AXE TD next year.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies