CROSSBOWS AND HUNTING DOGS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

CROSSBOWS AND HUNTING DOGS

Post by Stepnoutnb »

It just came to me Crossbows are like hunting dogs. The crossbow and the pup are the least expert of the game.
All the accessories that go with these 2 things increase Exponentially!

Labrador puppy $1000-2500 1 year of quality dog food $1000/year, vet bills for 10 years $2000. Boat, motor, decoys, shotgun, spare shotgun in case the first gun fails, shells by the case ducks and/or geese$15,000-$30,000 easy.
Crossbow $500-$3000. Bolts, targets, broadheads tree stands, ground blinds, ATV, 4x4 TRUCK and trailer to pull the ATV.
$50,000-75,000
You get a deal on the truck because you can use it to pull the boat and the Labrador pup.
Lol just saying being homeless and drunk might be cheaper lololololol
Wayne
janesy

Re: CROSSBOWS AND HUNTING DOGS

Post by janesy »

Wayne... Some people's wives read this forum. :eusa-naughty:

:D
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I agree, dogs and crossbows are the least expense of hunting. However that's were the similarity ends. Dogs need food, attention and constant care. The more dogs one has the more the bills increase.
However, crossbows don't mind being left alone, once they are bought and paid for, only a few consumables are required, and crossbows don't mind sharing arrows and broadheads. So the way I see it, whether one owns one crossbow or many, the added cost is negligible.
That is why I don't own a dog, but own multiple crossbows. One can't own too many Excalibur crossbows, Matter of fact I going to get myself another, that way I'll have an even half dozen. :eusa-dance:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Lololololol BUSTED,I have a very understanding wife! Thank God.

Wayne
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 pm
I agree, dogs and crossbows are the least expense of hunting. However that's were the similarity ends. Dogs need food, attention and constant care. The more dogs one has the more the bills increase.
However, crossbows don't mind being left alone, once they are bought and paid for, only a few consumables are required, and crossbows don't mind sharing arrows and broadheads. So the way I see it, whether one owns one crossbow or many, the added cost is negligible.
That is why I don't own a dog, but own multiple crossbows. One can't own too many Excalibur crossbows, Matter of fact I going to get myself another, that way I'll have an even half dozen. :eusa-dance:
Awesome
Wayne
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

If you ever get a chance to read one of Steve Smiths books you should. He is a great writer of Upland Bird dogs and Wing shooting. One of his best short stories that I love he discusses how he justifies buying a beautiful side by side. He does this because he doesn’t eat big Mac’s or something like that. For every big Mack he doesn’t eat he saves $$$ so he amortized/justifies the money for the new shotgun.
Obviously I’m not doing him justice.
A great article.
Wayne
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm
If you ever get a chance to read one of Steve Smiths books you should. He is a great writer of Upland Bird dogs and Wing shooting. One of his best short stories that I love he discusses how he justifies buying a beautiful side by side. He does this because he doesn’t eat big Mac’s or something like that. For every big Mack he doesn’t eat he saves $$$ so he amortized/justifies the money for the new shotgun.
A great article.
Wayne
if i remember right, he was the guy who installed vinyl flooring in his spam with a muddy dog print pattern. whenever i anticipate a potential battle on the horizon with the missus, i ask myself what steve smith would do. he is a genius not only in all outdoor sporting matters, but marital relationships as well. :wink:

my preview shows the word "spam" replacing my typed word "spam." and again. why is the room with the stove, fridge, and sink being changed?
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... I swore to my wife that I know nobody on this forum! :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Goose52 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:14 am
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm
A great article.
Wayne
if i remember right, he was the guy who installed vinyl flooring in his spam with a muddy dog print pattern. whenever i anticipate a potential battle on the horizon with the missus, i ask myself what steve smith would do. he is a genius not only in all outdoor sporting matters, but marital relationships as well. :wink:

my preview shows the word "spam" replacing my typed word "spam." and again. why is the room with the stove, fridge, and sink being changed?
Good stuff!
Spam is in place of k_____n because we had some remodeling advertisements mucking up the forum for a while, so that word has been forever stricken from the forum dictionary. :wtf:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:07 am
..... I swore to my wife that I know nobody on this forum! :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Same for me Anthony, deny, deny, deny! :eusa-whistle:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Goose52 wrote:my preview shows the word "spam" replacing my typed word "spam." and again. why is the room with the stove, fridge, and sink being changed?
Goose52 you must be newer than most of us here. The answer is that a few years ago some kit-chen saleman joined the forum and was trying to sell his wares on here. After a while the moderators decided that kit-chen was a 4 letter word, hence like any offensive word it was denoted as spam.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Goose52 you must be newer than most of us here. The answer is that a few years ago some kit-chen saleman joined the forum and was trying to sell his wares on here. After a while the moderators decided that kit-chen was a 4 letter word, hence like any offensive word it was denoted as spam.
[/quote]

only 13 years newer! which is one reason why i keep returning here- lots of experience and knowledge to benefit from. thanks for the explanation gentlemen.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE