Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: The Stork Has Arrived

Post by ComfyBear »

janesy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm
I see a rubber shim in between the riser. This is getting hard to resist
Yes, the riser and rail mate very well. Doesn't seem like Excalibur cut any corners in quality. I'm sure anyone getting one would be quite happy. At its price point, I don't think there's a better crossbow. I have a feeling the Axe 340 will be a great seller.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 pm
janesy wrote:
Yes, the riser and rail mate very well. Doesn't seem like Excalibur cut any corners in quality. I'm sure anyone getting one would be quite happy. At its price point, I don't think there's a better crossbow. I have a feeling the Axe 340 will be a great seller.
I think it will be a huge success. Excalibur never cuts corners :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Don't resist! Go with the flow! :thumbup: Gotta keep the economy going! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm
janesy wrote:
Don't resist! Go with the flow! :thumbup: Gotta keep the economy going! :eusa-dance:
This is true. I have a solid plan and it does involve an Axe. But... I want to cock one first. Curious is the 3/4" less draw length would equate to similar draw as my 310.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Buck

Post by Buck »

Congratulations on a really nice looking bow. I’m definitely looking forward to a user review. Curious about the draw weight feel as compared to a Micro 335.

Best of luck with your new bow!
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

This stands out like a great value and a very practical bow not the fastest in the barn but plenty to handle every thing North America and a very compact package to boot that should handle like a dream.
Congrats on the new tool great choice !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Buck wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:51 pm
Congratulations on a really nice looking bow. I’m definitely looking forward to a user review. Curious about the draw weight feel as compared to a Micro 335.

Best of luck with your new bow!
Since this is the first Micro I've owned, I won't be able to compare the Axe to any other Micro. Even if I did, the answer to that question would be subjective, since there are several variables to consider. For instances, the deflection of the limbs on each respective bow, the initial brace height between bows, the length of the cocking aid that one uses. Also, the height, build and stature of each user would play a factor.

All things considered the best way to compare is for each individual to test the actual crossbow that they are considering buying.
The reason I say that is because the Axe (MOBUC) that I cocked at the store felt different than the Axe (Kryptec) with SDS + Air Brakes that I ended up getting.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Boy Lou, you don't mess around. You stay pretty quiet, then BAM!!! :shock: ....you hit us with this right out of the gate. Congratulations goomba, :thumbup: that's a sweet looking rig. I can't wait to see how you top it off and hear your thoughts on how it feels and performs. Awesome!!! :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Lou, you friend are a BAD influence! I was SET for bows...... but man, you are killin’ me. Like having an AA meeting in s bar! So far I’m staying strong, but man, that now is cute!😎
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

paulaboutform wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am
Boy Lou, you don't mess around. You stay pretty quiet, then BAM!!! :shock: ....you hit us with this right out of the gate. Congratulations goomba, :thumbup: that's a sweet looking rig. I can't wait to see how you top it off and hear your thoughts on how it feels and performs. Awesome!!! :D

Paul
Well, still waters run deep, and I suppose I must be in my renaissance stage. It is a sweet rig, small and compact, but surprisingly it doesn't weigh much less than my Matrix crossbows. The biggest difference I found, so far, is that it balances better than my Matrix crossbows. Previously, I found that I could hold and shoot my Exo-series more accurately than my Matrix models. However, I feel that, with this Micro, I'll be able match the accuracy I was able to get with my Exocet 200, and Exomax. I think it has to do with the proportional dimensions of the width and length of both the Micro and Exo-series crossbows. Time will tell.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:11 am
Lou, you friend are a BAD influence! I was SET for bows...... but man, you are killin’ me. Like having an AA meeting in s bar! So far I’m staying strong, but man, that now is cute!😎
Paul, if you get one, I know that you'd fall in love with it, like I did. The minute I put it in my hands, I knew that I had to have it. I cut my teeth on an Excalibur Wolverine and, since thereafter, owned another dozen Excaliburs. However, I feel that this Micro Axe 340 will be my favorite. The way it fits, feels and balances is just awesome. Don't get me wrong, I still love my other Excaliburs, but the Axe feels like an extension of my body.

I'm still deciding whether I'll top it with the Dead Zone scope or another one. Meanwhile, I did take one shot without a scope, just to get a feel for the trigger. I must say that it is impressive, and breaks clean with no creep. Also, the SDS + Air Brakes certainly work. Instead of a high pitch twang, all I heard was a low pitch thud. The arrow hitting the target was louder. Boy is it sweet, and I highly recommend it.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds sweet! What is the cocking effort compare to, how much arrow clearance to the stirrup, those are my questions? Really thinking this might be my next one.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 pm
Sounds sweet! What is the cocking effort compare to, how much arrow clearance to the stirrup, those are my questions? Really thinking this might be my next one.
The cocking effort feels different than my Matrix due to the size difference. The Matrix has a longer power stroke, but the limbs are longer so not as stiff. On my Matrix 380, the pull feels the same from start to finish. On the Axe, the limbs stack and the last couple of inches get tougher.
Since I'm only 5'6" and shrinking, :( I personally find that the physical effort is comparable. I would think that a taller person would find the Axe 340 easier to cock than a Matrix 380.
The arrow at 16.5", (without a broadhead), falls within the stirrup. When adding a Slick Trick broadhead, it lines up with the back of the front of the stirrup and does not protude beyond it.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Lou. :think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:13 am
paulaboutform wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am

Paul
Well, still waters run deep, and I suppose I must be in my renaissance stage. It is a sweet rig, small and compact, but surprisingly it doesn't weigh much less than my Matrix crossbows. The biggest difference I found, so far, is that it balances better than my Matrix crossbows. Previously, I found that I could hold and shoot my Exo-series more accurately than my Matrix models. However, I feel that, with this Micro, I'll be able match the accuracy I was able to get with my Exocet 200, and Exomax. I think it has to do with the proportional dimensions of the width and length of both the Micro and Exo-series crossbows. Time will tell.
Well then, start shooting and confirm your suspicions Lou....enquiring minds want to know! :eusa-popcorn:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.