string silencers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: string silencers

Post by Boo »

Lou, you'd be surprised. Someday that you're going to go to your property towards Kingston, drop me a line and I'll let you try a set of DB Killers.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Lou, you'd be surprised. Someday that you're going to go to your property towards Kingston, drop me a line and I'll let you try a set of DB Killers.
Don, I already have dB Killers Stoppers and Limb Silencers on all Matrix (380, 355, 350) crossbows, but only the dB Killer stoppers on my Exocet 200, so I wouldn't mind getting a set of those for it. I imagine that they would help.

However, the Micro Axe 340 has opened my eyes and closed my ears. :wink:
I don't know if it's the SDS & Air Brakes or the introduction of the new riser and rail configuration that's responsible for the huge reduction in noise and vibration. Whatever the cause, I like it. :D
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
janesy

Post by janesy »

ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm
Boo wrote:
Don, I already have dB Killers Stoppers and Limb Silencers on all Matrix (380, 355, 350) crossbows, but only the dB Killer stoppers on my Exocet 200, so I wouldn't mind getting a set of those for it. I imagine that they would help.

I don't know if it's the SDS & Air Brakes or the introduction of the new riser and rail configuration that's responsible for the huge reduction in noise and vibration. Whatever the cause, I like it. :D
I'd bet hard earned cash that the isolating gasket between the rail and riser is the biggest reducer of vibration.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
rossh

Post by rossh »

nchunter, still 1/8” for us Canadian Geezers . Haha they didn’t ask us . Lol
Luck man
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

janesy wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:08 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm
Boo wrote:

I'd bet hard earned cash that the isolating gasket between the rail and riser is the biggest reducer of vibration.
You might have a point there, along with the reduced surface that connects the riser and rail together. If that's the case, I can see Excalibur using this system on all the rest of its crossbows.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.