A QUERY TO THOSE WITH 3 OR MORE EXCALIBURS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: A QUERY TO THOSE WITH 3 OR MORE EXCALIBURS

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony you only own one? :shock: Think of all the fun you're missing out on.
The way I see it, the only time someone should be monogamous is when it comes to having a spouse.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I have never had 3 crossbows at the same time during hunting season. Usually, I start the summer with 2 or 3 and by the season have decided on just 1 favorite and sell the others. This year have a BD400 to keep my Mission MXB400 company at least for a while. The Excalibur is for sale but I don't really care to sell it because I am starting to feel like a backup in a nice idea and it is a great, accurate tool. I guess if the season starts and I still have the Bulldog, I may take it out in the woods for fun a few times but doubt if it gets much play time. Like my rifles, they are all ready to go but I have a favorite and it stays in my truck all season parked safely in the garage when not in the woods.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I currently have 4 Excals ( they are all my favorites ). I rotated them out based on deer kills...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have 7 crossbows, i have 5 up fer sale. I can not have more than 2 in our ctc, also have 4 rifles up fer sale
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RobD

Post by RobD »

I just like to give them good homes. :lol:

I have the Sapphire for one of my boys, it's the perfect size for him. Since my daughter married and moved out, I picked up a Grizzly for her to use on her husband's family land and practice with at her house. I had the Matrix 380 and was perfectly happy, then picked up Jelly Belly because, well, sometimes I might want to use a blackout model. I was all content until I saw the Bulldog stock, so I had to get a BD400 to "try it out" since there were none locally for me to hold. The intention was to eliminate one from the fleet, but it has been months now and I still can't decide if it should be the Grizzly or a M380 or the BD400. The daughter could be given a M380 now that I have an extra C2 crank to go with it (the BD400 just got a Charger EXT).

In reality, I only need two bows at the most. If I'm lucky, I'll get a chance at a single buck each year on my property and last year's came during bang stick season. There are only two does that bed near my pond, and they are what draw the bucks and earn the "no shoot" award.

They are all nice bows, and are bought and paid for.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

I have four Excals, two Equinox, a Vortex and a Phoenix. I hunt with the Equinox's. I only shoot the other two once in a while.

I hunt at least four days a week during archery season.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have 3 bulldog micros. Two I carry hunting depending on what I feel like. The third I built as a replica to the two hunting versions only with a fair bit less draw weight. That allows me to shoot all year round in my basement or for extended shooting sessions without feeling the effect of the high draw weight.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme