Limb Deflection

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Limb Deflection

Post by ComfyBear »

What is/was the limb deflection range on Matrix model bows? How does a deflection of 99.5 compare with one of 97.5 ?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
bigbowman

Re: Limb Deflection

Post by bigbowman »

Higher the number the stiffer the limbs.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am
What is/was the limb deflection range on Matrix model bows? How does a deflection of 99.5 compare with one of 97.5 ?
Matrix limbs have been through 3 or 4 different changes in the way they mark the limbs after testing(50's, 70's, 90's, and silver marker to list a few). Some have even been crossed out and re tested to the latest method. I've had two sets that didn't even have numbers.
After chasing the mythical limb deflection code I've settled on the fact that the numbers only exist to let Excal place matching limbs on each bow so the bow shoots as consistently as possible.
The higher the number may very well mean the higher the pressure the limb can provide, but from my experience, the difference is marginal at best in the real world. Of all three of my bows right now I have no idea what limbs are on there as I stopped checking half a dozen sets ago.
Before I get flamed, yes hot limbs do exist...But to use a "manufacturing secret" code to find them would be a waste of valuable shooting time😀
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:39 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am
Matrix limbs have been through 3 or 4 different changes in the way they mark the limbs after testing(50's, 70's, 90's, and silver marker to list a few). Some have even been crossed out and re tested to the latest method. I've had two sets that didn't even have numbers.
After chasing the mythical limb deflection code I've settled on the fact that the numbers only exist to let Excal place matching limbs on each bow so the bow shoots as consistently as possible.
The higher the number may very well mean the higher the pressure the limb can provide, but from my experience, the difference is marginal at best in the real world. Of all three of my bows right now I have no idea what limbs are on there as I stopped checking half a dozen sets ago.
Before I get flamed, yes hot limbs do exist...But to use a "manufacturing secret" code to find them would be a waste of valuable shooting time😀
Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Truth be known, I'm not looking for the hottest limbs. At my age, I'm more interested in being able to cock my crossbow without having to resort to using a crank, which in time I figure that it will be necessary to do so.
Yeah getting old sucks, :thumbdown: however I'd hate to think of the alternative of not getting the opportunity to do so. :think:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.