String Stops

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

String Stops

Post by jody5252 »

Just wanted to get a bit on info., about string stops for a Micro. I seen that Horizontal Archery (Dan Miller) has his own string stops. Just wondering if they would fit on a Micro. I know that if it is from Dan, that it would be well made. I have never seen them, and just wanted to find out more about them...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
xcaliber

Re: String Stops

Post by xcaliber »

I have Danny Miller stops on my two Matrix models, they are the bomb! They do have their own bases however so you'll have to buy the whole kit. The ones that I use on my Micro are from DrStirrup, those fit the Excalibur posts and work great. They are indestructible to be honest, and work just a bit differently. With them you actually want the string to rest on them when the bow is uncocked, and even push into them a slight bit. They quiet the 355 down a lot, and I cannot hurt them.

Good Luck.
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I've had the Reds, Dr. Stirrup and Danny Miller string stops and Danny Miller's are my favorite. The rubber on the Reds don't last as long as Danny Miller's does. I just couldn't get used to the Dr. Stirrup ones and ended up giving them away. Good luck with your choice they all will work fine
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
catclr

Post by catclr »

Dr. Stirrup
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've used all three string stoppers. Danny's baby bumper stoppers are good, but you need to buy the posts also. Since the DrStirrup dBKiller stops fit the stock Excalibur posts, they are the best bang for your buck. Buy them once and you'll be good for life. With the exception of one crossbow that carries Danny's bumpers, the rest carry the Dr Stirrup stoppers, and all carry the Dr Stirrup limp dampers.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 pm
I've used all three string stoppers. Danny's baby bumper stoppers are good, but you need to buy the posts also. Since the DrStirrup dBKiller stops fit the stock Excalibur posts, they are the best bang for your buck. Buy them once and you'll be good for life. With the exception of one crossbow that carries Danny's bumpers, the rest carry the Dr Stirrup stoppers, and all carry the Dr Stirrup limp dampers.
I need the whole set. So I guess, I will go with, what Dan has. I can later replace them with the Dr. Stirrup, stops.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 pm
I have Danny Miller stops on my two Matrix models, they are the bomb! They do have their own bases however so you'll have to buy the whole kit. The ones that I use on my Micro are from DrStirrup, those fit the Excalibur posts and work great. They are indestructible to be honest, and work just a bit differently. With them you actually want the string to rest on them when the bow is uncocked, and even push into them a slight bit. They quiet the 355 down a lot, and I cannot hurt them.

Good Luck.
Dan

.... Dr Stirrup all the way for me... on my 335 and my Alpha 360 Assassin!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings